1 💜

Marleigh

Pulling up to campus I can hardly handle my excitement. The colors of purple and gold are at every end of every corner you look it. There's people buzzing around to move into their college rooms. Tigers are everywhere. I smile and jump out as my dad yells out "Woah woah Mar, hold up we have to get you checked in and make sure we're at the right building" making me roll my eyes.

I turn to my parents "I know I am just so excited" I say. He chuckles and we walk into my building to get checked in. I tell the girl my room when a girl next to me squeals "You're in room A112??" making me look at her and nod kind of confused. She squeals again "You're my roommate!" she says and I smile "Oh you're Amanda?" I ask and she nods "That's me! I'm so happy we're meeting" she says.

We have been texting and she moved in yesterday already which is good so we're not moving in at the same time. I walk out and get my stuff from my car and bring it into our room taking a look at her side. It's so cute, a lot of pink but still so cute. I place stuff on my side and then turn to Amanda "I can help you unpack if you want?" she says.

I nod "That would be great because right after I have try outs" I say and she nods "That's right for the dance team right?" she asks. I smile and nod at that. Dance has always been a part of me for as long as I can remember. My mom was a dance teacher and my two older sisters were also dancers. It was in my blood to dance.

-After unpacking-

I walk into the try out room smiling feeling more excited then anything. I look at everyone and sit down next to a girl who looks like she could puke from nerves. So I speak up "Hi I'm Marleigh, what's your name?" I ask and she looks at me and smiles "Emilie" she says.

I smile and go to speak when the captain and the coach speak up "Alright ladies I am coach Samantha but everyone calls me Sammie, this is your team captain Elizabeth, she will be showing you all the routine for try outs today" she says and then gives the floor to Elizabeth.

She smiles then looks at everyone "Hi guys! I'm Elizabeth Laney but you can call me Liz! I am so excited to see what you all bring to the team!" she says sounding so nice it makes everyone feel more at ease. She has everyone line up to teach us the combination.

-After learning the combo-

I am whipped from learning but we're not done. Now we perform in small groups the combo in front of Coach Sammie and Liz which is what I am most nervous about. I am waiting when she calls me and a couple of other girls, Emilie already performed and she killed it. I get ready and wait for them to start the music to begin the routine. The moment Liz presses play and it's time for us to dance I am allowing the music to take my soul. Move me through the rhythms of the beats. I almost forget I am in an audition that's how much I am into the music.

The moment it ends and I am in the finishing pose I just think of now I wait for them to say something. Sammie stands up "That was amazing, I am going to call numbers if you are called you are on the team and if yours isn't called then I am sorry but we will not be going with you this year and you can leave" she says as she starts to list off numbers "23" she calls Emilie's number making me smile at her waiting for my number "And 35!" she says calling my number. I smile as she congratulates us all and turn to Emilie "Girl you are so good!" she says.

I smile "Me?? Girl you KILLED it!" I say. I go to speak up again before I hear "Marleigh?" come from Sammie making me look at her as she waves me over. I walk over confused "Marleigh, your dancing was some of the BEST dancing I have seen in a VERY long time" she says making me smile big "Really?" I ask and she nods "If you do well this year, you are certain to be either captain or assistant captain" she says.

I smile as she walks off and turn to Emilie who is just shocked. We talk and grab our stuff walking out of the room when I feel myself walking into a body "Woah" I say and the person does the same thing "I am so sorry" I say and then look at who I ran into. He shakes his head "No no that was my fault for not paying attention are you ok?" he asks. I am speechless by how handsome he is so I just nod.

He smiles and I go to speak up but am interrupted "Babe!" I hear making me look over. Of course Liz. She kisses him on the lips in front of me making me want to gag and then she pulls away and notices me "Oh you're Marleigh right? One of the new dancers?" she asks and I nod smiling "Well, welcome" she says as the guy wraps his arm around her walking her out of the room.

Little did I know that little encounter would get me into a lot of trouble.

____
A/N: Hey guys! So I wanted to write a new story! Specifically a LSU Joe story! So I hope you guys like it and are excited!

I cant wait to write more for y'all! Love you all!