Chapter two

Ana chewed her bottom lip as she sat against a tree in the school courtyard, drawing a sketch of someone she'd only met in her dreams. She often kept to herself and her drawings were a welcome distraction.

Alina on the other hand was with her group of friends laughing and playing games. The contrast in their behavior was vast and no one needed to guess which twin was which. Alina was beautifully vibrant and social and Ana was shy and kept to herself. Alina had a wolf and Ana was wolfless with this odd ability to dream about the future of anyone she came into contact with. When she was younger she tried to use this ability to help people but her warnings didn't change what happened and it was soon believed she cursed people instead of trying to help.

Ana looked down at the beautiful face of the boy she'd drawn. She wondered if he'd feel she was a curse too if they ever met. Her sister and family were the only ones who understood and loved her for her. She had this feeling in her stomach that this boy was to be her mate but... could a wolfless girl like her even have a mate? She traced his face with her finger gently as she thought about how he'd been doing in the hospital in her dreams at night. He was hurting and alone... and all she wanted to do was help him. In the accident glass cut his throat and severed his vocal cords. He woke up to learn his parents were dead and he'd never be able to talk again. He was now the only surviving member of the alpha family for his pack and, with the help of his father's beta, he would be expected to step into the role at an impossibly young age. She wondered if he'd be alright as she stared sadly down at his picture.

Her sister had heard about her dreams and was a source of comfort and understanding. Her parents tried to understand but they struggled to grasp that her dreams could be reality and predict the future. Alina took it in stride, finding her twins gift amazing.

Alina sat on Ana's bed the previous weekend as the wolfless girl sketched out the expression of pain and loneliness she'd seen on the young alphas face in her dreams last night. His eyes were a handsome grey color and his skin was sun kissed and his hair dark and made his grey eyes pop. He was becoming more and more hopeless as he recovered in the hospital because even though his body was growing stronger it was becoming more and more clear that his vocal cords couldn't be repaired. Treatment after treatment failed and he remained completely unable to make even the smallest sound.
Alina watched as his achingly lost expression and handsome features seemed to come to life as her sister sketched. "This is the person you've been dreaming about? Is he about twelve?" Ana bit her bottom lip as she looked at him for a long moment. "A-about that old I think... it's hard to say." Ana grew quiet for a moment as she tried to figure out how to explain things to her sister.

"My dreams are like witnessing something... I don't really get the deeper details about their lives. I learn things from each dream but some things I just don't know..." she was never sure how much to share with others about the young alpha. Some of her dreams were more personal than others. Sometimes she could hear his thoughts which was something she could never do with anyone else. This was another reason she wondered if she was his mate even though she wasn't sure she could have a mate without a wolf.

"He's an alpha... his parents were murdered in front of him and his childhood friend... his future beta. They were in the car with his parents when it happened and the car crashed into some trees. He sustained an injury to his throat and it severed his vocal cords. He'll never talk again. Every treatment they've tried has failed." Ana admitted and Alina blinked in surprise before taking a closer look at the sketch of the boy. "What's his name?" She asked and Ana bit her bottom lip and rubbed her head anxiously. "Luka... he's the heir to the Crimson Moon pack." She admitted softly and Alina blinked in surprise. It made her sister's ability seem so much more real.

This wasn't just a dream but a real person.
Crimson Moon was two states away and there had been news about the death of the Alpha and Luna just after Ana had her first dream about this boy. Alina wasn't sure what to think. If anyone found out about this they might accuse Ana of cursing the Crimson Moon pack. A wolfless girl having dreams about the heir to the pack and the death of his parents... people would think she was a witch. Alina honestly was scared for her sister.

"You shouldn't tell anyone about this Ana... this could lead to people thinking you're behind these things. Wolves hate witches and anyone who even resembles a witch..." Alina said softly with a small worried frown. Ana looked down at her sketch book quietly. She knew this was true but... her heart ached to reach out to Luka. She had lived this way for some time and knew first hand that this ability wasn't received well by others.

... it often felt like a curse.

"Witch bitch! Witch bitch! Hahaha!" Laughed an obnoxious boy who proceeded to snatch her sketch book and hold it up in the air out of her reach. "Who is this unlucky guy? Did you curse him too?" Ana frowned and wilted against the tree feeling resigned and hopeless. What could she possibly do against this boy who had a wolf and was much stronger than her? Plus... he brought friends and she had no one. She hugged her knees to her chest sitting against the tree as she watched him nervously as he went through sketch after sketch of this boy she'd been dreaming about. The boys all laughed at how obsessed she appeared to be with the boy.

"Creep. It's like you're an obsessed stalker or something." The boy sneered before tossing the book to the ground and kicking it away from him. "You never talk anymore, what are you mute?" The boy asked and grabbed a fist full of her hair and pulled making her cry out in pain and scramble to get his fingers out of her hair. He smirked and tugged it harder as she struggled.

Yes... a curse. She wondered if Luka would also hate her and accuse her of cursing him if they ever met.