𝟑. 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬

YOUR POINT OF VIEW.

"What the hell is this!?"

A feminine voice roared inside the house, making the birds outside flew with the noise. The small television placed inside showcasing the current breaking news, causing a havoc in the house.

"When did this even happen?!" The women pointed towards the broadcast, infuriated at the news.

I kept silent, averting my gaze from hers, sitting on the chair, resting my hands on my lap.

Her brows frowned, obviously angered by my guts. "Answer me will you!"

I parted my lips, staring at her face."..I-I was going to tell you-"

"But you didn't." She cut me off. "You went ahead and got evaluated without my consent and even got your license." Her brows frowned. "When did you awakening even happened? And why am I only finding out about this now?!"

I stayed silent. Pressing my lips together.

"I feel so insulted." She whispered in disbelief.

"I thought.. you wouldn't accept if I never planned on becoming a Hunter." I stated. "..you always changed the topic whenever it was regarding hunting."

She scoffed. "You really think that's an excuse?!"

I shook my head. "No."

She took a heavy sigh, sitting on the chair, brushing her hair along in frustration.

I averted my eyes towards her."Why is it so wrong to choose to become a hunter?" I asked hesitantly. "Why do you resent the idea anyways?"

Her eyes glared into mine. "I don't. Moreover I respect each and every individual who plan to take this route for they risk their lives for our sake." She stated in clearance.

"Then why is it different for me?"

"Because-" She took a deep breath. Calming her nerves. "Because it's too fucking dangerous."

"I'm well aware of that-"

"No your not! You have no idea about the danger that lies behind those gates." She shook her head. "We don't even know why they started appearing on the first place!"

"Unnie. Please listen to me." I walked towards her, leaning down to her height. "You need to trust me when I say that I can and would handle all of it. That's why I picked this route on the first place."

"So you would just ignore my words?"

"No-"

"Oh please shut up." She stood up, walking towards the window. "I don't wanna hear any of this. Your just seventeen for goodness sake!"

She lifted the curtains, peeking at the crowd formed outside the apartment, reporters lined up with camera's and mics.

"I don't wanna lose any more family." She turned her head towards me, giving me a stern look. "Your gonna listen to me and return your license for good."

I stared at her with a frown. Shaking my head in denial. "I can't do that."

"Why?!" She raised her voice. "Since when did you become so big to make such decisions on your own?" She asked out loud.

"I'm not a child anymore!" I yelled in disbelief. "I understand everything. You were handling things on your own at my age, why is it that I can't even make decisions to help us out?"