𝟑 - 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐬

"a man travels the world over in search of what he needs

and returns home to find it."

・:*:・゚★,‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

💫 🔭 🕊

⸻ARA STOLE ANOTHER GLANCE AT HER LEFT ARM AND GULPED, attempting to tug her sleeve even further to conceal it. In an attempt to escape the prying stares of the Golden Trio, who had stared at her in silence for the rest of the trip on the Hogwarts Express and after they had gotten off, she had hopped into the first carriage she saw, which coincidentally contained a large group of second years.

The carriage door had closed just as she hopped in, and now there was no way to ignore the fact that the second years were all squished together on one side of the bench, whispering and putting as much space between them as possible.

As the wind howled against the windows, Ara glanced back down at her left arm. What did it mean? Why was it that just after she came into close contact with a dementor this had happened? Pushing her sleeve up, she glanced at it again. A couple of feathers fluttered to the ground - Ara quickly snatched them up and stuffed them into her pocket, remembering that there was a whole group of terrified second-years staring at her.

Swearing colourfully underneath her breath, she tugged her sleeve down with more force. With a horrifying ripping sound, a portion of the fabric came off. Covering her face in her hands, Ara groaned. Her day was going just spectacularly, she thought, as the group of second-years huddled even closer, adverting their eyes.

The carriage trundled toward a pair of magnificent wrought iron gates, flanked with stone columns topped with winged boars. In front of the gate floated two more towering, hooded dementors, standing guard on either side. As they passed the gates, Ara closed her eyes and waited until she was sure that they had left the dementors far behind. The carriage picked up speed on the long, sloping drive up to the castle - at last, the carriage swayed to a halt, and the barrage of second years dashed out, leaving Ara behind.

As Ara stepped out of the carriage, giving the invisible horses pulling the carriage pats on the head, she noticed several raised voices carrying over from the front gates.

"You fainted, Potter? Is Longbottom telling the truth? You actually fainted?" Malfoy's high, leering voice was the loudest out of the four.

Ara watched as Malfoy elbowed past Granger to block Potter's way up the stone steps to the castle, his face gleeful and his pale eyes glinting maliciously.

"Shove off, Malfoy," said Weasley, whose jaw was clenched.

"Did you faint as well, Weasley?" said Malfoy loudly. "Did the scary old dementor frighten you too, Weasley?"