Who's Sebastian?

I thought it was about time to write about this series. I love it and being a metalhead myself, this series deserves a lot more recognition than it's getting. Hope you guys enjoy it, and please be patient with uploads, Uni is hard as hell. 

- Han

-----

'All facades fall sometimes, then the mask comes off and the real heart is seen. The truth has not so much set us free as it has ripped away a carefully constructed facade, leaving us naked to begin again'

What is the first thing that comes to mind when someone asks about your past? For Glam it's always that God-forsaken ruler. The sound it would make when it made contact with his skin as his drunk father stood over him. He would always remember the words his father would say.

"You're not trying Sebastian!"

"You're a failure, Sebastian!"

"How could you be beaten by a vagabond!"

"Hand! Now!"

Glam sat at the edge of the bed, silently playing with his bracelets as his wife slept next to him. His sleeping schedule has been a mess ever since his days sneaking out and meeting up with Ches. The sleep he did get ended up being nightmares about his father. His family knows nothing about his past, and he would prefer to keep it that way. He does not need the people he deeply cares for to worry about him.

"Glam? Why are you awake? It's 3am"

He slightly jumped at the sound of his wife's voice, not realizing she had woken up. Glam took a deep breath and put on his usual facade.

"Sorry Vicky, I just need to use the bathroom. I'm fine, go back to sleep"

The other one seemed sceptical but decided to not pry any further. She always knew Glam was a secretive person. Hell, he knows more about herself than she does. Yet... She can't help but secretly worry about him.

Glam waited to hear his wife's snores before heading to the bathroom. The house was quiet which was very unfamiliar with a family like his. Heavy is usually up late streaming video games and Dee would be sneaking out. However, this time that wasn't the case. It felt unnatural walking down quiet corridors. Glam looked at the reflection of himself in the mirror and hated what he saw. His eyes looked dead and black bags hung underneath. He always hid it with makeup, a habit he picked up from Ches's friend when they were younger. He wished he could just sleep, yet he hated having to face the demons that waited for him in his dreams.

If he doesn't deal with his demons, they will deal with him, and it's going to hurt.

He can't help but see his father in himself, the way he yelled at Dee for not following instructions during his music lesson a while back, the same thing his father did to him. It was a mental scar his father had left, spending day after day doing violin lessons and receiving the end of the ruler on his wrist whenever he made a mistake. He hated that he yelled at Dee and promised himself to do better in the future. The last thing he wanted to do was end up like his father.

Glam sighed and pulled out a loose panel on the wall where his medication was hidden. Another old habit he had as a teen was hiding things from his family. He took a good look at the bottles in his hands.

Sebastian Shvagenbagen

Trazodone and Anti-Depressants

Sebastian. Sebastian. Sebastian.

Glam wanted to throw up. Every time he sees his name, the memories come flooding back. The sound of his father's voice sent chills down his spine.

He could feel another panic attack coming on. He had always suffered with these, ever since he was a kid. He would always have to deal with it privately, not wanting his father to see how weak he was.  He tried to calm down, but the voice of his father was the only thing he could hear. He quickly took the medication to calm his nerves.