CHAPTER 121

Monday reaches, and Marianna is discharged from the hospital. To her own surprise, she agrees to Martin's suggestion and moves into his house. She moves into the second room. Marianna looks around the room and hugs herself. She takes a deep breath and says to herself that it was madness. She then sits on the chair that was near the work desk. Just then there is a knock on the door and after a few seconds, Martin enters. Marianna looks at him then looks aside. Martin tells her that they will go and get her things the next day. He asks her how she feels. Marianna looks at him and then says that she is fine.

She asks him if he is sure of what he is doing. Martin says that he is. He reminds her that Alejandro is crazy and is almost as obsessed with her as he is with Adrianna. He adds that on top of that Alejandro, Isabella, and Horacio are still bitter with her, for talking and they won't let her recover in peace. Marianna says that she knows all that, but as she said over the past few days, they can't ignore what she did, and how uncomfortable it will be for everyone involved. Martin tells her to relax and says that he will deal with his family.

Sometime later, at Antonio and Gabriela's house,

Gabriela goes to talk to Antonio. He is in his study. Antonio is still very hurt by Gabriela's deception. When at home he is either with the boys or in his study. He spends as little time with her alone, as possible. He even moved out of their room and started sleeping in a sleeping bag in his study. Antonio is doing some work on his laptop. Gabriela asks him if they could talk. After a few seconds, he looks up from his laptop and says that he is listening. Gabriela sits on one of the two adjacent chairs.

She then says that she and her siblings need help with the reveal they are doing to let everyone know that their father is still alive. Antonio says that he doesn't understand what she means. Gabriela says that Aranza suggested that they should get a family member of one of the three men killed during the attempt on her father's life, to help with the reveal. She adds that her sister thinks that they would want justice for their family member more than the fame or money from talking to the media. She also says that they are therefore less likely to talk.

Meanwhile at Alejandro's house,

He is there with Isabella and Horacio. They are discussing Marianna's decision to go to Martin's house. Alejandro is really bothered. What is going on between Marianna and Martin? Horacio says that they should leave Marianna alone because she has already betrayed them. He adds that they should focus on fighting their enemies and getting themselves out of their current problems. Alejandro says to himself that he will lose neither Adrianna nor Marianna. He adds that he will make both Hernan and Martin pay.

Back at Martin's house,

Marianna looks at Martin and asks him if he is trying to babysit her. Martin folds his hands and asks her what she means. Marianna says that she has been thinking a lot about his offer. She says that she has concluded that he and his family are trying to babysit her and keep her away from the influences of Alejandro, Isabella, and Horacio. Martin says that he is trying to help her and keep her safe, rather than babysit her. Marianna says that she won't stay for long because it is improper.

She says that a week or two is sufficient. Martin is non-committal and says that only time will tell. Marianna stands and glares at him. She tells him that despite all her mistakes she does not need him to monitor her. Martin smiles and she glares at him. He then says that she is safer with him as she recovers. He reminds her that Alejandro is crazy. Marianna asks Martin if he has told anyone in his family, that he brought her to his house.

Martin admits that he hasn't yet, but he will. She looks worried and he tells her that everything will be fine. She says that she knows that they won't like it, given everything that has happened, and the last thing she wants to do is to cause problems between him and his family. Martin tells her not to worry. He says that he knows how to handle them. He then says that he has already shown her around, and asks her if she needs anything or has any questions. She says that she's fine, she then asks him if he has Wi-Fi. He is surprised by the question but says he does.