Chapter 12

January–February

"I'm quite insulted you didn't visit me over the holidays," I joked as I opened my window to see Spiderman.

"I was really busy with extra crime that the holidays always bring, and trying to spend it with my family. I did come by a few times, but you weren't home."

I nodded. "Yeah, I spent a lot of time at Aiden's house."

"Aiden?"

"My best friend."

"Gotcha. So how were your holidays? Get anything exciting?"

"They were okay. I'm kind of glad to be back at school, though. It gives me something to do. I got some new makeup and the newest iPhone."

"That's awesome!"

I shrugged. "I guess."

"You guess?"

"They aren't really personal gifts, you know? My parents don't care to know what I might really like. They just go with the easy stuff. Buying the newest iPhone is nothing to my rich-ass dad. It doesn't show the kind of love that it might to someone else. And why would I want a new phone when the old one from last year works just as well? It's stupid."

Spiderman nodded. "Okay, that's fair."

"What about you? How were your holidays? What'd you get?"

"They were good, but I'm not telling you what I got."

"Fiiine."

He looked behind him. "Sorry, but I've gotta head out. I'll see you later!" He swung away.

"See ya!" I called after him.

Betty invited me over to her place for Galentine's Day, considering neither of us had any Valentine's. We binged some romance movies, but since it was on a week day, I headed home after.

As I went up into my room, I saw someone waiting for me at my window holding a bouquet of flowers.

I grinned and opened the window. "What's this?" I asked.

He held them out to me. "I thought you'd appreciate it."

I could feel myself blushing as I accepted the flowers. "You're too kind."

"I know. Wannd head up to the roof?"

I nodded and set the roses on my desk, before climbing out the window and up to the top of the roof.

Spiderman sat down beside me. "Don't ask any questions about my identity today."

"Fine," I laughed. "But only today."

"Deal. What was the name of your first crush?"

I gulped. "Don't make fun of me, or tell him."

"How would I tell him?"

"Because you still might go to my school."

"I don't, but I promise I won't. We'll never speak of this again."

"Okay. Peter."

"Parker?"

I buried my face in my hands. "Yeah. We used to be friends, and I caught feelings. It didn't last long."

He laughed. "I won't tell him."

"Good. What about you?"

"I can't tell you."

"You can tell me her first name. That's not gonna get me anywhere. Or... his first name?"

He chuckled. "It's definitely a her. But I'm not gonna risk it."

I shook my head. "Alright."

We talked for hours after that. About multiple things. He'd ask me questions, and he'd answer the ones he thought he could without giving me any hints as to who he was. But we also talked about important stuff, and we agreed with each other about everything.

We both lost track of time, and he finally left at 1:00am. When I went back to my room, I held my flowers. I grabbed a vase from downstairs, filled it with water, and placed them inside. I set them down on my nightstand, smiling at the thought of Spiderman.

"Oh no," I whispered, recognizing what I was feeling. I felt myself blush and shook my head.