Chapter 1

The boy walked down the hallway, a soft smile on his lips and a crinkle in his green eyes. He heard a slight shuffle around the corner and his lips twitched in recognition. He turned the corner, his smile unchanging as he felt something wet pour over him.

"Haha! Haha..?" The man's triumphant expression disappeared as he groaned when he saw the boy's unaffected demeanor and started acting as if he was the one who was covered in slime.

"Harry..!" He whined childishly. "Why can't I ever surprise you!"

Harry remained unperturbed, using his sleeve to wipe the slimy liquid running down his forehead to prevent it from going into his eyes.

"Well, Sirius, perhaps if you were patient enough to remain still, and therefore, silent, you may just succeed one day."

The lean man scoffed, crossing his arms while pouting. "Hmph. I'll be there when you least expect it, mark my words." He looked around before furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"Say, where's Reg? I haven't seen the two of you apart in a while, did something happen?"

Harry's smile widened as he shook his head, tilting his head before speaking.

"I wonder what time it is?"

Sirius peered closely at Harry, before pulling out his wand and casting Tempus. 12:24. He gestured at the numbers with his other hand. Harry saw this in his peripheral vision but kept his soft gaze on Sirius.

Sirius gulped. "What is it..?"

Harry's smile turned into a grin, but despite knowing himself that it was one of tenderness, Sirius seemed to only fidget more under his gaze.

"Sirius, is it possible for you to recall what it is we do at this time of day?"

"Well.. um.." At that moment Harry watched as the man's eyes widened, gasping as he rushed down the hallway Harry first came down from, leaving him behind.

"Lunch!" He heard the distant voice.

Harry shook his head softly before walking after him, significantly more composed.

He reached the dining table, looking over as the disheveled Sirius beamed at the five other pairs of eyes watching him from the table.

"Hey guys! I was just looking for Harry, no luck!"

Harry saw his mother looking critically at Sirius, her lips pressed into a thin line, "We sent Harry to look for you."

Harry walked closer to the table, making himself known before Sirius could devise another excuse.

He saw his mother's horrified gaze as she took in his slime-covered body. She glared at Sirius.

"Sirius! What did you do? You didn't even clean him up after?"

Sirius sputtered as he shook his head desperately. "No no, Lily, I didn't do that! I-it.. It must have been one of Prong's leftover slime bombs!"

His father, who was snickering quietly until this moment, gasped with outrage as he shook his head quickly. "No! I know for certain they all already set off yesterday!"

Harry smiled kindly. "Ah. I was wondering who released that. Reggie and I had quite the adventure attempting to salvage our books."

His father turned to him with wide, betrayed eyes, while Sirius gave him a grateful look.

Harry sat down at his usual spot, tuning out his mother's lecture to his father when he felt the press of someone's shoulders against his own. He looked to his left, seeing Reggie's usual cheerful grin before the boy began digging into his now cold plate of food.