Seven

𝘈𝘜𝘉𝘙𝘌𝘠

A Couple Of Days Later

Driving through Toronto with Chubbs, the city lights blurred past us, reflecting my thoughts. "Nigga, you really got her man coming up here?" Chubbs threw the question into the air, his curiosity barely hiding the doubt in his voice.

"He's a producer, why not?" I shot back with a smirk, my fingers busy responding to a text from Marissa. That girl knew exactly what she was doing by getting her hair done by Jaliyah, and it irritated the fuck out of me more than I wanted to admit.

"Yeah, and I know how you are! You're doing this shit to be petty in a way," Chubbs chuckled, seeing right through me.

"Hell nah, I'm not. He sent me that beat. Shit was fire! I had to jump on it. Cole is jumping on it too. I figured I'd give him more opportunities since J and I are working on this joint shit," I explained, trying to explain my actions. At the same time, Marissa bombarded me with angry texts for sending her home before my event even started last night. After that shit she pulled with Jaliyah, I just didn't want her around.

"So is he bringing Liyah?" Chubbs's question snapped me out of my daze.

"I don't know. She knows she's always welcome here, even though I'm not fucking with her right now," I chuckled.

"She did you dirty, nigga, but at the same time, she has a fiancé. Sis came to her senses quick as hell," Chubbs laughed. Chubbs knew that shit got to me.

"Man, fuck that. I'm already digging her out, and she wants to stop. Just keep going, it's already done," I muttered, the bitterness evident in my voice as I looked out the window, lost in thought.

"Nigga, what are you going to do when her man finds out about y'all?" Chubbs asked.

"What the fuck is he going to do, nigga? Yeah, I've been fucking your so-called fiancée since I was 15. And? Keep making them beats, Little Nigga!" My words were harsh but I didn't give a fuck.

" This shit going to be messy as fuck." Chubbs mumbled while pulling up to the Embassy.

" It already is."

Later, at the studio with my nigga Cole, we waited for Khalil to show up. I was curious and somewhat anxious about whether Jaliyah would be with him. It would be fucked up if she was in Toronto and didn't even stop by to see the boys.

"Yo, you're funny as fuck, nigga," J commented from the soundboard, he turned around in his chair.

"What?" I smirked, watching him stand and laugh before disappearing into the booth. " Oh, you know."

My phone buzzed with a text from Kahlil. " Hey Bro,  I just pulled up."

"I'll be back," I told Noel and Noah as I got up to meet him.