𝟬𝟬𝟭 The day the music died

CHAPTER ONE ; EPISODE ONE the day , the music , died

the day , the music , died.

OHIO , SEPTEMBER 2005.

SHE was a simple wonder. Her dark eyes were the stripes of an oak tree, her smile was the prettiest flower in the field. Her hair was frayed against the covers of her strawberry bedsheets. The tips of her fingers were covered in red nail polish, the green band shirt her father got her last Christmas clung to her body. The moonlight shone through her blinds, illuminating her dark room with its light. The stars stuck to her roof glew a fluorescent green color. Her books stacked up in a corner since the loss of her bookshelf due to its collapsing. A hockey stick in the corner of her room, she wasn't sure when her next game was. The large 'the cranberries' poster hanging above her bed, her white door covered in jackets and coats, her life was like a wonderland, and she was alive.

A hum from her broken radio fulfilled a slow silence, she was alone. Imagining her life in space. She dreamed of being an astronaut, she focused her life drawn to the stars above her. Her workbooks filled with doodles of planets and stars, the dream was far. The stars were further, with the right determination, you can do anything. Nothing ever becomes truely impossible, there will always be a sense of possibly if one really believes in what they could achieve. Venus was a believer, she believed in herself more than she believed the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. She was born to do great things, to be a good person with the heart of a lion. Venus Moon was wonderful.

She was a wonderer, she received the trait from her mother. If curiosity was born to kill the cat, why did its nine other lives bring it back? The loophole was infinite. It was a never ending spiral of a storybook. Venus was curious, she was the cat. Her hunger for knowledge drew her towards her death, slowly. Even if she didn't know it.

She craved to know the truth, she was set to reach for her dream, using everything in her path to get there. To her, her dream was almost falling off the edge of a cliff, and so was she. She hung onto the side with as much strength as she could muster, never enough to bring herself to the surface. She held onto her dream tightly. If she let go, they both died.

She also dreamt of being a mother. To hold a sweet little baby in her arms, to cherish the child with all her love. She never had a child to hold, she was an only child to her parents, and her family were basically broken off from her own. She had no family outside of her parents. She lived to give life to another. One where her love was endless, she would give her child the moon if she could. The thought of having one of her own was a more suitable dream than being an astronaut, she couldn't do both. Her hand was slowly slipping from the cliff and her first dream was the thing weighing her down. If she saved herself, she would reach the dream of motherhood.