Jennie As The Third Wheel

What’s it like being the third wheel to your best friends who are dating? Well, Jisoo and Rosé know what it’s like to be the third wheel for their friends Jennie and Lisa, who are dating. And they don’t mind third wheeling on their dates as they do it to protect them, as the two must have to hide their relationship right now because there are consequences that might happen if their relationship got out.

Anyway, as said, the two don’t entirely mind, but they also hate being the third wheel of their friends, who forget they have company and start forgetting the people around them and start flirting, which annoys the other two, but as said, they don’t mind as they’re protecting their friends, plus they get to eat and go somewhere even if they might be interrupting, but Jennie and Lisa don’t mind it either. But right now, we’re not here to talk about how the two feels about being the third wheel because this story is about how Jenlisa became the third wheel to their friends.

--

Jennie was bored, sad, and bummed out while she laid on the couch in Jisoo’s house as she visited and let out a huge sigh while Jisoo’s voice was heard from somewhere. “Relax, Jenduek, Lisa will be back next Sunday,” she said to Jennie, who remembered that Lisa was invited to be a VA in a TV show, has few schedules with her brands, and had to be gone for a week to the US, which made her sigh harder. “But Jisoo, I miss her.” Jennie complained, “You saw her yesterday before her flight.” Jisoo pointed out, “But I miss her voice already.” She said, “You talked to one another this morning, and I know because I was with you on that conversation.” Jisoo countered her complaint, which made Jennie lie on the couch more while petting Dalgom as she continued to watch TV and sigh. Hearing this makes Jisoo roll her eyes, as she knows that Jennie has the means to visit Lisa in the US, but she’s here moping in her house. Jisoo then shook her head and decided to focus on what outfit she’d be wearing.

After that Jisoo then appears in the living room, and Jennie looks at her and asks, “Hey, where are you going?” was her question, “I’m going on a secret date with Hae-In, remember?” Jisoo tells her as Jennie nods. Jisoo and Hae-In have been dating secretly; they are all happy for her and have kept it secret. The two were following how Jennie and Lisa are keeping their relationship private, and for the couple, it’s going very well. Jennie then smiles, “Have fun, unnie,” she says to Jisoo, who thanks her as Jennie continues to watch the movie, and before Jisoo could go out, she turned around, looking at Jennie, who looked sad. She then sighed, “Hey, do you want to join my date with Hae-In so it won’t be suspicious?” She asks Jennie, who looked surprised and was about to refuse since she isn’t needed on the date, but Jisoo reminded her that she and Rosé did it for them many times, and hearing that made Jennie nod in agreement.

--

The two got in the car and started talking about Rosé’s crush on Sofia and wondered when Rosé is going to confess to her, and then their conversation stopped as they arrived and got out of the car and met up with Hae-In, who then looked surprised upon seeing Jennie and was about to ask until Jisoo spoke: “It’s her I-miss-Lisa hours, and I don’t want her to be sad and lonely right now,” she told Hae-In, who nodded and greeted Jennie as they walked to the restaurant.

As they entered, Jisoo and Hae-In took the seats beside one another, as Jennie took her seat and checked her phone to see if Lisa texted; she did as she received a text from Lisa and frowned as there was none till Hae-In spoke, “So, um, have you guys heard of the animated show Lisa will be voicing?” he asks the two who nodded, “Yeah, we’ve seen that show, and it’s an amusing, sweet, and fun show,” Jisoo said, with Jennie agreeing, she’s apparently a guest character that will appear in the show.” Jennie added as Hae-In understood and ordered the food.

As they waited for the food, Jennie then looked at her phone and frowned as Lisa hadn’t texted her like she usually would, but she remembered she was probably busy with VA work and couldn’t wait to watch the show. Then the food arrived, and they started eating. As they ate, Jennie couldn’t help but notice Hae-In and Jisoo being cute as they talked about the food and stuff, pretty much forgetting that she was with them. Seeing that Jennie thought that maybe she shouldn’t be here and wondered why Jisoo even invited her only to be the third wheel, she realized something: “Is this how Unnie and Rosie feel whenever they accompany me and Lisa on dates?" She thought to herself as she watched them. Then it got interrupted when her phone vibrated, and she saw it was a call from Lisa that made her smile.

--

(Text)

My Poopoo💛: hey Nini, how are you doing? Have you eaten yet? And how are our babies?

Nini 🐻: I’m doing fine, Lisa; I’m eating dinner with Unnie and Hae-In, and our babies are fine; I’ve already fed them before I left.

*Nini sent a picture of Haesoo to Lisa.*

My Poopoo 💛: Are you third wheeling on their date 😂?

Nini 🐻: Unnie invited me, and now I know what it feels like when they become the third wheel on our dates… Anyway, how are you doing?

My Poopoo 💛:  I’m doing well, and I can’t tell you the details, but the character I’m voicing is badass.

Nini 🐻: Really?

My Poopoo 💛: Yeah, and I can’t type because I have to go now, so bye and I love ❤️

Nini 🐻: Love you too ❤️

--

As the conversation ended, Jennie’s smile never left her. As she was able to talk to Lisa again, she looked back up to see that Jisoo and Hae-In were now talking to one another, and Jennie noticed Jisoo’s loving and soft looks directed at Hae-In; it was the same look with him, and seeing that made Jennie smile, happy to see Jisoo in love and happy.

After the date, they all left the restaurant, and as they entered the car, Jennie then spoke, “So why did you bring me with you?” She asked Jisoo, “I don’t want you to mess up my couch or house during your I-miss-Lisa hours,” she said, making Jennie pout and making Jisoo chuckle. “I just wanted you to be not alone and forget about Lisa for a bit,” Jisoo said, making Jennie smile then frown. “You made me a third wheel though,” she said to Jisoo, who chuckled. “Well, now you know how me, and Chaeng felt,” she told Jennie, who laughed and agreed. “But it’s worth it to protect the both of you,” she said, making Jennie softly smile at her, and then after that, they talked about the conversation Jennie and Lisa had on the phone.

As Jennie scrolled through her secret twitter account, she wasn’t surprised to see the pictures of the three in the restaurant and the blinks talking about how this is Hae-In asking Jennie’s permission to date Jisoo, which made her laugh as she sent it to the GC, and her smile got wider when Lisa called her on FaceTime and she gladly accepted it as they talked for hours about everything as she recounted what happened much to Lisa’s amusement.