Introduction

Hold Me Closer
by balanceds

Summary

Louis Tomlinson is one of the most promising dancers of the English National Ballet, on track to become the youngest principal dancer in the company's history. That is, until forces conspire to significantly complicate his life, including: a surprise ballet, an unfairly attractive guest choreographer, and being pushed into a rivalry with his best mate. Featuring lots of wine, dancing, pining, and a happy ending.

Notes

So! Hopefully this will make sense to everyone. we'll see. The ballet that is heavily referenced throughout this is Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake which is amazing and you should definitely go watch! I don't own Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake or the english national ballet or any of the real people depicted as fictional characters in this story.

All 3 chapters will be up by next thursday, so don't worry about having to wait too long! A million trillion bajillion thanks to the amazing lila, who beta'd this for me and who gave such fabulous feedback. This would basically not exist without her! All errors are mine and not hers. For this chapter in particular, many thanks to jess, who gave me all of the swan facts used in this chapter and enabled me to be lazy and not do research on birds. Any misinterpretation of said facts is mine alone.

No smut in this chapter but it is coming in Ch. 2, I promise! Hope you enjoy!