Almost became a human blowtorch!

(TW: Bullying, some violence,not too much though. To avoid, skip from •°•°• till the next •°•°• )

∞ Jade ∞

Where was this guy going? We walked through almost the entire dam camp! Was he going to the woods?

Yay, getting killed before your quest sounds so fun!

Wait, the dragon in the woods. THERE WAS A FUCKING DRAGON IN THE WOODS AND WE WERE HEADING RIGHT THERE!

Now, if I had any sense of rationality, I probably wouldn't be walking towards a metal dragon which had the capability to roast me alive and leave my charred remains for the cleaning harpies to devour.

But it seems that ever since finding out I was a demigod, rationality was chucked out of my dictionary.

I got tired of following after a while. I slipped into the shadows and bam! There I was standing in front of Leo Valdez.

"Hello Valdez. Out for a little walk in the moonlight, are we?" (Please tell me someone got the reference)

He was shocked. The look on his face was pure gold. I know, I know, I am cruel in that way.

Then his open mouth morphed into a smirk, and he said, "Is the pretty lady offering to take me on a walk?"

Aaaaaaaaand there it was again. The flirting. Fun. Why not flirt back?

"Maybe." I said.

"Then let's go, shall we?", he stated, continuing the flirting.

We continued down the road.

In silence.

It was getting awkward.

Just to break the tension, I started talking once again. " But seriously, where are we going? To get turned into demi-kebabs? Or perhaps the monsters would prefer to eat the good old. 'demigod-on-a-stick, seasoned with paprika and oregano'. "

Leo bit his lower lip. "You forget the 'roasted alive demigod barbeque', Princesa."

"Oh, so that's where we're going? Towards the big metal dragon?", I exclaimed, ignoring the nickname.

" Yeah.... ", he told, trailing off uncertainly at the end.

I sighed. This boy. "Do you have a penchant for wishing to die, Leo?", I asked him, " First the quest and now this. "

"Maybe." He shrugged.

"Do you even know where the dragon is?" I asked him.

"Not technically, no. But I can sense the traps along the way. See there near the tree? There's a trap, with some motor oil mixed with tabasco sauce to lure him. We should be there soon."

"Oh." Was all I managed to say.

But I didn't need to say further, because a loud roar pierced the night air.

Standing before us, in all it's glory, was the fifty ton metal fire breathing dragon.

Just as it was about to blowtorch us, I grabbed Leo's hand and shadow travelled up to a distant, but close enough place.

"Was this your plan, dragon boy? To get us blowtorched?" I said.

"Not really, no. But then plans changed since you came.... " He said, mumbling the end.

"Oh, so it's my fault now, huh? If I hadn't shadow travelled us here, we would've died. You know, I thought you would be different, finally someone who doesn't consider me a freak, but no, you're all the same. All of you. In fact, I'm not the freak here, you're the freak! You guys were ALWAYS the FREAKS! " I said in his face.