1) Betrayal is the only truth sticking

Running away from a problem only increases the distance from the solution.
– Anonymous

After tying his apron, Y/n exited the staff room. Tanya had just finished serving a customer when Y/n approached her. "Hey Tanya." he greeted, standing next to her as she deposited the cash into the register,

"Hello, Y/n." She said back, not looking up from the register, "Where's Dai? He's usually in the staff room by now." The h/c haired questioned, Tanya glanced at him "He called himself in sick today." Y/n raised a brow. "Dai called himself in sick today? You mean the same Dai who came to work even though he had severe tonsillitis and literally couldn't speak the entire day and had to mime to communicate with us?" Y/n queried, putting his hands on his hips.

Tanya nodded in confirmation. "Yep. Apparently, he has a broken arm and needs to get a plaster cast. I won't be surprised if he shows up to work tomorrow." The pink-haired woman sighed. Y/n scoffed and shook his head. "I think so too, that guy is a serious workaholic."

"You got that right." Tanya snorted, closing the register. "When did your shift start?" The boy questioned, "My shift began at seven a.m; Mateo and I had the opening shift, but that sly bastard called in sick. He took advantage of the fact that Dai was going to be absent." The girl pouted.

Y/n rolled his eyes in jest. "If you had known Dai wouldn't be here sooner, you would have seized the opportunity, everyone knows you practically have to bleed out for Dai to approve of a call-in sick." The h/c haired reflected.

Tanya sighed but didn't rebuke the statement, "Well, since it's only going to be us two, can you take out the trash? It was supposed to be Mateo's turn, but we both know where he is." Y/n rolled his shoulder "Sure."

Y/n went around the restaurant, emptying all the trash cans, after he had emptied every garbage can, he walked out the front door to dispose of the bags. The back of the restaurant was in the back of an alleyway, not that there was much, there were recycle bins, and an incinerator.

After Y/n had emptied every trash can in the restaurant, he proceeded to dispose of the bags by walking out the back door. There were recycle bins and an incinerator at the back of the restaurant, which was situated in an alleyway.

The alleyway was, to put it mildly, dismal. Occasionally, one might find a homeless man leaning against a wall, mounds of vomit on the ground, broken alcohol bottles strewn all over the place, or a combination of all of the above.

But this time was different, there was a type of uncanny feeling around. Y/n didn't understand. it wasn't the usual feeling he got from being in the alley. It felt like he was being...watched. After tossing the garbage bags in the incinerator, The h/c haired glanced around the alley, but found that no one other than himself was there. Y/n felt goosebumps rise, and he quickly turned on the incinerator and skidded back into the restaurant.

.

.

.

A few hours passed with Y/n doing mundane and repetitive tasks, helping customers, taking orders, cleaning, and so on. While he was cleaning, Tanya walked up to him "Hey Y/n, I'm going on my lunch break soon, so would you mind serving the customers alone for a little while while I'm gone?" Tanya asked. Y/n stopped his task. "Oh yeah, not at all, you can go on your break." he approved.

"Thank you-" The opening of the restaurant entrance was heard and Tanya looked back. "Oh, a customer came in, I'll take their order real quick," Tanya remarked before striding up to the customer, who just had seated themselves by a table Y/n glanced at the customer and creased his eyebrows. The individual was wearing a dark red hood pulled over their head, their back was facing the h/c haired male. Something was odd about the customer but he couldn't put his finger on it.