01

3rd person POV:

Maddie and Tara are hanging out at Tara's house as they are planning for a movie night Maddie's in the living room looking for a movie to watch while Tara is in the kitchen on the phone.

"Tara!" Maddie shouts "Yeah!" She shouts back "where are you?" Maddie asked "kitchen" Tara tells Maddie gets off the couch and walks over to her more quieter than expected.

"why are you texting Amber?" Maddie asked from behind Tara Tara turns around scared as a reflex she pushes Maddie in the nose but covers her mouth as she realizes who it is.

Maddie holds her nose as she groans in pain "shit" she mumbles removing her hand only to see blood "fuck I'm sorry you just scared me" Tara rambles "Tara it's fine i promise" Maddie chuckles.

"But your nose" she says "I've had worse Tar your fine now why were you texting Amber?" Maddie repeats as she cleans off her face "well I was thinking she could come ov-" Tara gets cut off by the telephone ringing.

"I'll get it" Maddie walks over to the phone and grabs it "Hello?" Maddie asked as she sat on the counter "Hey are you Tara Carpenter" the person asked Maddie looks at Tara to see she's back on her phone.

"No I'm not I'm her friend and why do you know her name?" Maddie asked making Tara look up at Maddie "because me and her mom we go to book club together and she talks to much about Tara" the person says.

"Really now?" Maddie chuckles "yup so if this isn't Tara who is this?" "Like I said I'm her friend best friend at that" "and your name wouldn't happen to be Madison Riley Prescott the daughter of Sidney Prescott?" Maddie's heart drops as her face turns pale.

"Maddie" Tara mumbles as she seen Maddie's expression "how do you know that?" Maddie asked the person over the phone "You know the funny thing is Madison I know a lot of things and I know what happened to your dad" the person responded Maddie jumps off the counter.

"What are you talking about I've never had a father" Maddie tells them "yes you have..ever heard of Mason Williams" the person chuckles "yeah I've heard of him" "ask your mother she'll know who that is she'll know really well who that is" "what do you want from me!" Maddie asked tears coming from her face as her hands shake.

"I just wanna know if you and Tara wanna play a game" Maddie can practically hear the person chuckling "your a sick fuck I'm hanging up now" "wait no no don-" Maddie hangs up and puts the phone down as tears come from her eyes.

"Maddie what happened who was it?" Tara asked walking over to Maddie as she hung up after talking to Amber "some guy was talking about how he knew your mother from book club and he said your name then my full name and my mom's name but then he..he said something about my father but I've never had one ever since I was born it was me and my mom" Maddie explained.

"It was probably Chad" Tara tried to reassure her "no it..it wasn't him" she mumbles before grabbing her phone before calling someone.

"mom?"

"Hey baby what's up?"

"Who is Mason Williams?"

"How..how do you know about him?"