Adventure in Action: Character

Name: Luciana "Lucy" Flora Garcia DeLuca; some people call her Flo as well

Name: Luciana "Lucy" Flora Garcia DeLuca; some people call her Flo as well. Her parents gave her the middle name Flora inspired by the Puerto Rican flower, Flor de Maga or Thespesia Grandiflora.

Birthday & Age: June 6th, 2083; Luciana is 23-years-old in the year 2106.

Gender: Female

Ancestry/Ethnicity: Luciana is Latin-American; she was born and raised in Puerto Rico but has lived in the Italian countryside for half her life. Familial rumor is that Lucy's family is descended from the Yunque superhumans, but they have yet to confirm or deny the connection.

Her father is second generation Italian, her mother is first generation Puerto Rican. While her mother moved to the State of Florida at a young age, her father was born on Italian soil but his parents moved their family to the States before his first birthday.

Physical looks + Attributes: Dark brown, wavy hair, brown eyes; tanned skin. She has various, singular freckles on the front of her neck that can be connected in a triangle. This is hereditary because her brothers all have a variation of the markings.

Lucy is 5'6" and has an athletic figure complimented by a semi-hourglass torso. When she was younger, her mother's friends all encouraged her to pursue modeling because she "had the legs for the job" but Lucy was never interested.

On both of her shoulders, Lucy has full tattoo sleeves. The Puerto Rican flower, Thespesia Grandiflora (which was also her middle namesake) on her left shoulder, Sunflowers on her right. She got them on a dare, but also to commemorate graduating from the Academy.

Education + Career: Luciana got her GED at sixteen and studied in college for a Bachelor's Degree, as well as a Master's. Gaining these allowed her to enroll in the Space Travel & Flight Academy where she studies Navigation and Communications. As part of her education, Lucy is an apprentice navigator on the Starship Argo under Captain Ryleegh Collins. And during her free time, she volunteers at community shelters.

Personality + Quirks; 
Personality
: While she can be loud and obnoxious to be heard above her brothers, Lucy is quiet and reserved. She is a bit of a wallflower, but once she is comfortable with her surroundings, she can be herself. Lucy is an ambivert; an extroverted introvert- she needs time to recharge her social battery after spending hours with a large group of people. Always willing to lend a helping hand.

Quirks: Lucy will wake at the crack of dawn and blow through whatever tasks she has; she is not one to waste time. She is extremely competitive, especially when she's with her family. Lucy is "by the book" and analytical when it comes to following orders or achieving goals, which sometimes leads her to overthink things before taking action.

Skills + Interests:

Skills: If Lucy is with a group that gets lost, she is always the one to find the right way back to where they need to go.

Interests: Cartography/maps. Life beyond the stars. Video games, bowling; reading, dancing, and baseball.

Likes/Dislikes:
Likes: Classic music (you know, from the artists 100-years before 2106). History and Astronomy.

Dislikes: Bananas, papaya, lizards. When her brothers take a joke/prank too far. Injustice.

Strengths vs. Weaknesses: 
Strengths
: Being patient.

Weakness: Her loyalty to leadership makes it hard to hear her heart.

Fears + Aversions:
Fears: the Triple-S; sharks, spiders, and snakes.

Aversions: Violence, if conflict can be resolved through mediation, Lucy will avoid escalating the issue. People who don't take things seriously and have a tendency to run away from their responsibilities. And while she lives in a strongly political environment, Lucy prefers to avoid such conversations. The unjust actions of the Global Space Force during the Invasions of 2095.

Superpowers/Special Abilities
Superpowers: Lucy will never tell...

Special Abilities: She can figure out the mechanics of any device without reading a single manual. Like the ancient VHS player she found in her great-great-grandmother's belongings.

Detailed Descriptions & Background:

Luciana is the only daughter of Lorenzo DeLuca and Daniella Garcia. She has five older brothers (Lorenzo "Enzo" Jr.; twins Diego and Matteo; Tomas, and Giovanni) with the one closest to her age only ten months older. Born and raised in Puerto Rico, though it is no longer called that in the year 2106, Lucy is a Spanglish-speaking Boricua who's family claimed Italian citizenship when she was eight-years-old. She has lived between the Italian countryside and the Puerto Rican rainforest her entire life. Living in the rainforest only fuels the rumor that she is descended from the Yunque superhumans from the year 2056.

One of Lucy's favorite games is titled Chaos 20s (a game set in the 2020s following the real life, historical events). She enjoys playing this game with her brother, Enzo, and she is the champion.

Lucy got her GED at age sixteen and went to college for a Bachelor's degree, as well as a Master's. This allowed her to enroll in the Space Travel & Flight Academy where she studied Navigation and Communications. She studied alongside Nainani, or Naia, who is her best friend and roommate. Her first job is as an apprentice navigator on the Starship Argo, under Captain Ryleegh Collins.