5

The next morning, Klaus stands in the doorway staring at a sleeping Layla. Thinking about how peaceful she looks before opening the door more and walking into the room and stopping at the couch at the end of the bed. reaching into the bag he pulls out the wolfsbane opening it to smell it.

"I didn't use it." Layla says from her spot laying in the bed.

Klaus closes the bottle and looks at her. "You're awake." Walking to stand near the window looking out of it.

"I could barely sleep all night." Sitting up fully Layla continues. "This house is like a freaking swamp sauna."

Looking out the window Klaus asks the question that has been on his mind. "What stopped you?" Layla looks at him. "You could have been free of all of this, of me."

"I didn't want to even get the wolves bane. That was Hayley's idea. This baby deserves a chance to live. It doesn't matter who the parents are." She smiles. "I never knew who my parents were, i was adopted and then they died. The only father figure i have now i haven't seen in years. Life will always be scary and i may not have the most stable life but i want a chance to be a mother. To have a family, to provide safety. Wether you want that or not i do want this baby."

Klaus slowly nods as he takes a seat on the edge of her bed. "Layla, i do want this. When you said you were going to get rid of the baby i got mad, not just mad but upset too. You walked into my life and now suddenly i don't want you or this baby to walk out." He smiles at her.

Layla lets out a deep breath. "I dont plan on walking out. This baby is staying." She smiles and grabs his hand. "You have to trust me Nik. I know you don't trust easy but we have to do everything we can to make sure this baby lives their life to the fullest and in order to do that you have to trust me."

Klaus doesn't say anything for a moment. He just looks at her. He processes everything thats happening right now. He has never been this honest with a real person who he hasnt killed right after. "Okay."

"Okay?" Layla rose a brow.

"Okay. I trust you. But you have to trust me."

Layla smiles. "I do trust you."

"Your sure you want too?"

"Im sure."

Klaus kissed her head before standing up and walking towards the door.

"This whole thing with Marcel." Layla speaks causing Klaus to stop ad turn his head to the side. "The deal you have with the witches,  trying to take him down, take what's his, Rebekah told me you two once loved each other like family. What happened." She looks at Klaus who now has his whole body turned towards her and is looking at her.

Taking a moment Klaus finally speaks. "I made Marcel everything that he is, i treated him like a son, and when my father chased me and my family from New Orleans a hundred years ago, we believed Marcel had been killed. we each mourned him in our own way. yet when i returned i found out not only had he survived, he thrived. instead of seeking us out, instead of sticking together as one, he made a choice to take everything my family had built and make it his own. now he is living in our home, he is sleeping in our beds. that "M" he stamps everywhere...is not for Marcel, its for Mikaelson. I want it all back, and if i have to push him out to get it, then thats exactly what ill do. Ill have someone see to the air conditioning." 

With that the original hybrid leaves the pregnant werewolf to her thoughts.

Layla decides to call Stefan. She hadn't called him since this whole thing started and hes probably worried sick. The phone rings once or twice before the line connects.

"Look who decided to call."

Layla smiles. "I know im sorry."

"What's got you so busy ladybug?"

Ladybug was the nickname Stefan had given her when she was a lot younger. One time a ladybug had landed on her nose, while most kids would scream and freak out she didn't. She just kept on with her day.

"Life, everything, Hayley and I have been all over the place. We got caught up with some witches and its been a lot." Sure Layla wasn't lying but she wasn't telling the whole truth. She told Stefan everything but telling him 'hey im pregnant with the evil hybrids baby' was not something she wanted to do over the phone.

The two talked for a good while before Stefan had to go.

——-
Ella speaks
Stefan makes an appearance!! You'll get to see more of him later on