1- First Day

y'all i know this first chapter is long but we are building the tension. trust.
**************************************************

I was walking into Starbucks on the first day of classes at my new college, University of Connecticut. I used to want to play basketball there when I was younger watching players like DT and Stewie, but I chose to stick to softball because I was naturally a lot better from the time I picked up a softball.

I had gotten my first D1 offer from NIU, Northern Illinois University, in 7th grade. I know not the biggest school but everyone starts somewhere. By freshman year I had picked up offers from the best softball programs in the country, from teams like Oklahoma, Texas, and Stanford, but I never wanted to go to them.

I knew colleges all over wanted to get their hands on the #1 ranked softball player in the country... me. But, I just wanted to go to UConn. I know not the best softball program, but I wanted to go there just like my dad. I wanted to build their audience and hype even though I knew UConn circled around basketball. I was sort of jealous that softball didn't get the same attention, but i was interested in seeing how exciting it would be to watch basketball in the Basketball Capital of the World.

BUT ANYWAYS, RIGHT BACK TO THE FIRST DAY...

——————————————————————————

I opened the door of Starbucks, belle on the door ringing, excited to get my Venti Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino. I was walking up to the line grabbing my card out of my purse when I looked up and some blue eyes caught mine. There was a girl who was towering over me, had to be at least 6 inches taller than me. I had never been so frozen and unable to look away from someone in my life. Blonde hair in a tight ponytail with pre-wrap in the place of a headband, and she was looking to the left at her 2 friends sitting at a table. She looked like she had just came from working out, as her hair was a little sweaty and her face still
minorly red. This was at 10:16am, i was still waking up. Her jawline was sharp and caused a tingle to go down my spine. She was majestic.

She didn't realize my eyes attached to her. She stepped forward and took her order, and for a second my heart stung. Her voice was middle pitched, and her accent had me want to listen to her on a podcast 24/7.

Once she finished ordering whatever her friends wanted (i couldn't tell you what, because i was so mesmerized by appearance), she turned around and looked me dead in my eyes. "Hey-uhh, you know a drink tha could be a new go to? Ya kno... to wake me up, ion really come here too much", she asked me politely but her accent made her sound so attractive.

I was caught off guard. "huh?" i mumbled as she was peering into my eyes.

"you know a drink that could be a new go to?" she questioned curiously trying to read my expression.

"uhh— Yea Yea um... I get the Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino" i said with a slight smile trying to distract her from my awkwardness.

"Alright thank you i appreciate it", she expressed with a slight tilt down and diagonal with her head, making it seem more heartfelt.

I didn't even say you're welcome, i tried to but it came out as a high pitched "mhm."

She turned back around, finished her order, and on the way to her table she gave a me a quick smile. I melted. Her teeth were perfect. I didn't know why i was feeling like this... why i couldn't control myself... my feelings... my urges...

——————————-11 hours later—————————

It was a little after 9:00pm, maybe 9:15, and i was the only person in the library. I was thinking about walking back to my dorm in about 5 more minutes when i saw that blonde girl from Starbucks walk in through the dark grained double doors. She looked tired, and this time i was sure she had just came from working out. I could picture the sweat dripping down her face. My heart started racing immediately. I pretended not to notice her, but i could tell she noticed me. Before i knew it she had sat down directly across from me at my table. Out of all of the tables she sat by me.

After about 10 seconds she broke the ice. "So how was ya first day?" she said looking up at me.

I was nervous so i didn't make eye contact for too long at a time. "Good. Had to get it out of the way but i thought it would be more exciting."

"Yea well what grade are you? I've never seen you before", she asks sucking the life out of me with her crystal blue eyes.

I tried to seem as normal as possible, reminding myself that i don't even like girls, that calmed me down for a second before looking back into her eyes and folding once more. "Freshman", i quickly stated before looking back down.

"Cool, Cool. I'm a senior but technically i'm a redshirt junior", she said before noting down a bullet point on whatever she was working on.

I couldn't help but find it so cute that she was so focused. I knew she could feel my staring at her because without looking up she said, "You stare a lot." When she finally looked up and put her pen down she said, "I'm Paige... Paige Bueckers".

It didn't click right away but i'd heard that name before. Then it hit me. "YOU'RE THE GIRL MY DAD USED TO ALWAYS SAY HE COULDN'T WAIT TO WATCH THIS SEASON!! He has been a huge UConn basketball fan ever since he played here, he even wanted me to play here."

Paige had a small grin across her face and if you didn't know any better you would say she was almost... BLUSHING!? But she asked me, "So why didn't you?"

"He wanted me to play basketball in college, but realistically we both knew i was way better at softball", i told her truthfully.

She seemed to be intrigued, interlocking her veiny hands that had me breathing irregularly and revealed the question, "So you play softball here? and you are good... How good?"

I think i might of gasped for air trying to breathe. "Yea, umm... i am playing here starting this season on a full ride... and yea"

She leaned in till she was almost halfway across the table, narrowing her eyes, "And what's your name?"

"Adrianna Freeman", I said tapping my foot against the ground in fear of Paige noticing how much she turns me on. "But most people call me Adri."

She nodded and leaned back, relaxing her body and flexing her neck around and grabbing it to indicate she probably had some neck pain. "Ok Adri, well if you ever need me to show you where any of the athletic training stuff is i gotchu, but i bet imma whole lot stronger than you so you prob would get down on yourself if i was your workout partner", she said grinning and beginning to stand up and pack up her bag. "And also thank you for the drink idea, it was pretty good i can't lie", she stated before she began to walk away towards the exit.

She had taken a few steps before i managed to ask, "How come you don't ever get Starbucks? Like you didn't even know what drink you wanted?"

Paige turned around with a hand grabbing each backpack strap on her chest, bit her lip and replied, "because having a NIL deal with Dunkin' Donuts, you aren't exactly supposed to advertise Starbucks."

And with that she turned right back around and walked out the double doors. My eyes following her the whole way out until i could no longer see her shadow.

And then it hits me like a truck... What. The. Fuck... i'm gay!?

_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_—_

I hope y'all like this. I know this first chapter is pretty slow and long, but i had to start somewhere. Trust it WILL get steamy. 😮‍💨💃Also i'll prob be busy a lot so it will be hard to update frequently.