7

Kenz POV

I step out of my house dressed in a short black skirt, white lace tank, and a red zip up simple yet cute enough for school .

I light a cig as i sit on the porch and wait for Madi, she's almost always my ride to school simply because i hate driving i have a blacked out Camaro and i love my baby just hate driving it, the bad bitches understand .

I hear an engine rev in the distance knowing it's Madi i grab my things and stand from my seat as she pulls up .

"Well don't you just look sexy for your first day" Madi says the second i step foot into the car "thank u mama" i say blowing her a kiss .

"Can u roll one on the way to starbucks? ill love you forever." she says passing me a a bag of weed and a backwoods "you already love me forever" i say taking it out her hands and rolling my eyes .

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎

"Lets go find Carm and Zira" Madeline says as we walk into the school "Okay" is all i respond with because i don't really know anyone here except Kaz and i don't really talk to Madi's friends they're just not my cup of tea .

Before i realize it we reach Madi's friends "Hey Madi, Hey La'Kenze" Zira says i look up from my phone at that and wave at her .

They talk about something i'm not really interested in listening too, i don't want to be at this new school not that it's bad but i have to meet all these new people and pretend to want to be here when i dont .

"Im going to the restroom, I'll be back" i say before wandering off into the hallway .

I see a couple arguing in front of the boys restroom so i'm going to assume that the girl restroom is somewhere around here so i look around until the boy gets all up in the girls face and they literally start screaming at eachother in the middle of this hallway way and my stomach feels tense and now i know i need to find this bathroom .

I start looking around and pushing through people rushing to the find this bathroom until k bump into someone's hard chest "Sorry" i say before i continue walking until im pulled back by my wrist and i can't help but wince because the cuts on them and then i see him the boy i keep accidentally running into .

"Are you okay?" he ask looking down at me with worry in his eyes and i feel kind of bad for what im about to do next because i know he just wants to help but not here not now .

"I'm fine" i say harshly and ripping my arm from his grip and rushing into the bathroom and into a stall i can here my breathing in and out and in and out until it's all i can focus on trying to get my mind off of what i know is about to happen .

FLASHBACK

"NO ALL YOU DO IS SIT IN YOUR ROOM AND DO FUCKING NOTHING MAEVE YOU'RE A DISGRACE TO THIS FAMILY, AND OUR NAME" My father yells as he punches me in the stomach repeatedly until i'm not standing anymore and the only thing keeping me up is the wall behind me .

I just miss my mama she would never let this happen to me i just want to go back to before she passed when our family was whole and our family wasn't broken, he's only been hitting me for a week now i hope it stops soon i just want my mama back .

"dad please stop, im sorry i never meant to disappoint you ill do better i promise" i say as i try to hold my sobs back so he doesn't hear them but im not very good at concealing my emotions never have been, i need to work on it .