MISSING

"Who am I?" I asked myself as I looked in the mirror . "OH! It's me Veronica Rosewood. I sighed at myself ."They are beautiful." I said as I touched the reflection of my eyes in the mirror . "The crimson red eye and the blue night eye, they are so beautiful " I whispered to myself. "I feel so alone without you. The home became mansion. Where are you my dear?" I asked to my reflection. " I look like you in the mirror" I again whispered as I traced on the reflection of my cheeks . "It's so silent and eerie without you" I said as tears fell from eyes which had dark circles that indicated my sleepless nights.

I was talking to myself as I heard some loud knocks on the door along the doorbell ring.

"Who can be here at this hour" I mumbled .
I ran down with curiosity just to find out A sturdy man in his late forties standing infront of me.

"Did you found her?" I asked with the tears rolling down my cheeks which were red from crying too much .

"We are sorry Miss Rosewood "He replied "We are sorry for your loss" He said in a apologetic voice as he looked at my weak constitution as the result of malnutrition.
My red eyes looked at him with the hope of a positive answer none the less .
"We have found some clue but we need your cooperation in order to be clear "-a man in his early thirties said from behind of the elder.

"What clue?" I asked in a pleading tone.
"We think she is dead" I head their reply

At that moment we heard a phone ringing. My trembling hands searched for my phone but before I could do anything I realized it wasn't my phone.

"Please excuse us" I heard from the man outside.

They went away but I stood their thinking about the recent conversation I had.
" She is dead? That can't be" I mumbled as my tears couldn't stop running away from my eyes . My whole body was shaken off by the information I just heard.

My vision became blurry as I fell onto my knees . "How is she dead? She can go Missing but she can't die" I mumbled.

I remembered the incidents from the past seven days.

FLASHBACK:

A WEEK BEFORE GOING MISSING:

It was as usual . My parents were scolding my younger sister for my bad grades and were comparing me to my sister.

As for my sister, everyone in the family knows her for being a brat. She would like to lock herself in her room and won't come down until she is needed. She would eat her food in her room. Even though we were really close when we were kids but it was like our childhood was a dream and I was dreamer. She never seem to get along with me from our high school days.

If I am being honest then I can only think of one reason.  May be she felt inferior to me . I was a model student while she liked playing hooky But she was creative . May be that was her only positive point. I don't really know why our parents always scolded her and she was the most creative person I have ever seen.

A DAY BEFORE GOING MISSING:

It was the morning 9. When she barged inside my room .

"Elder sister can't you mind your own business, why do you care what ever I do?" She yelled at me in anger. " But you need to study. The semester end is coming " I shouted on her. "You are just an hour older than me . Why are disciplining me like I am years younger than" She again yelled at me. "Don't forget the rules. It doesn't matter how older I am then you. You should never forget I am the older one . " I said harshly .

"You are all like that. You don't care about my feelings. You only care about father's reputation " She screamed at me. "Sienna control your emotions " I said as the tears were forming in my eyes.

"I am leaving you, your parents and your home" She said while pointing at me with anger

"What are you saying Sienna. We are sisters. How can it be all mine. It is ours " I said in a gentle voice. But it was late already to solve the problem.
She ran out of our mansion with tears on her cheeks.

That morning unknowingly I lost my sister and my parents lost their precious daughter.

FLASHBACK END.

I looked all over the house only to find myself alone. The night was rainy. May be skies were sympathetic for me so they cried . The house was so cold and dark. I couldn't bear to look at the hall where we always sat on rainy nights like this and watched movies in the childhood. I remembered the time when we both promised to give company each other on rainy nights like this.

I couldn't help but cry. I cried the whole night while reminiscing about our past. I cried as long as I could and only fell asleep when the dawn started to look out. I cried until I had no more energy.