Chapter 3: The Shadow of Medusa

A party of rogue adventurers, led by Mord, was making their way to the adventurer town of Livira on the Dungeon's 18th floor

A party of rogue adventurers, led by Mord, was making their way to the adventurer town of Livira on the Dungeon's 18th floor. Suddenly, a bone-chilling laugh echoed through the unforgiving stone maze, sending shivers down their spines. As they navigated the twisting passages, an ominous silence descended upon them, only to be shattered by a bone-chilling

"By the gods, what was that?" a young mage whimpered, clutching his staff tightly.

"S-S-Show yourself!" Mord demanded, his voice trembling.

"I am terror. I am suffering. I am death," the shrill voice retorted, echoing ominously. The adventurers shivered, their teeth chattering with fear.

"W-What do you want?" Mord stammered, his heart pounding.

"The song. Can you not hear it?" the voice asked.

"No, I cannot! Leave us at once!" Mord shouted, his voice cracking.

"The song is beautiful, sweet. It whispers to me relentlessly. Punish Celdia. Punish Perseus. Cover the world in shadow. Purge the lineage of Perseus, and eradicate the kinship of Celdia. Destroy the world they left behind. That is what it tells me."

"What are you talking about?" Mord screamed, his fear mounting.

"A song. Calling me to war. Against all of you and the entire world." The voice declared.

Mord's heart pounded as he caught the panicked glance of the young mage.

"Run!"' he yelled, his voice breaking. Feet scrambled on the cold stone, breathless gasps echoed as they fled for their lives.

The creature moved with the cunning of a twisted genius, whispers of madness driving its every step. What was once dismissed as a mere nightmare now proved to be a chilling reality, as terrifying as the legends described. It had claimed the Dungeon as its dominion, defending its realm with depraved ruthlessness.

It left desolation wherever it went and roamed the Dungeon with its tentacles reaching every corner in the darkness. Feared by the most feared, dreaded by the dreaded, it had no peer in this abyss of death."All that met its gaze never lived to tell the tale. Its faithful legions of snake monsters followed, feeding upon the dead and dying, cleaning up any stragglers. The Dungeon's walls and floors flowed as they slithered in unison, covering every inch, their dark minds filled with nothing but an ironhearted appetency to serve their dark mistress."

With the snakes acting as its keen senses, it was always observing, always hearkening. With a pachydermatous lust for the screams of their prey, their mass of bodies filled the maze with slithering, scaly slews. The harbingers of death, were the last thing their victims ever saw before they met their doom. They were playing a twisted game of hide and seek, playing the role of the seekers, and all intruders into the Dungeon they claimed as their boundless bastion were the hiders.