Forged in Honor{Leon x OC}

What if Mulan met Merlin? What if she fell in love after losing someone special in battle? What if Camelot made peace with an old enemy who took pride in aligning themselves with dragons and magic? Lance lives because, fuck canon.

------------------------------------------------------------------- 

After the defeat of Morgana and the disappearance of Mordred, Arthur and Gwen branched out to other kingdoms. Once Merlin was appointed Court Sorceror, he began arranging peace meetings with magical kingdoms previously at odds with Camelot. A kingdom called Bugai, East of Camelot and Essitir's borders.

Sending out a message via crow, Merlin was able to contact the ruler and bring him to Camelot. Bringing only a small elite task force. Merlin kept having to remind them that in their culture their names were said in Surname, first name order, so they had to be respectful.

When the task force and regent arrived, they arrived in style. The warriors were mounted atop giant lizards that were taller than horses, and the Oxen in front pulled the carriage carrying the royals. They wore armor made from black metal with red touches on the rims. The metal wasn't smooth either, it was ridges that formed patterns into them. The carriage looked small but it had an enchantment that made it bigger on the inside.

"Your majesty, I hope your travel went well. I know it's a long journey from here to Bugai." Arthur greeted bowing his head in respect. The man in front of Arthur was older and walked with grace. However, he didn't wear formal robes, he wore similar armor to his warriors, and underneath appeared to be what seemed peasant clothes to them. Though they looked nicer than the commoners in Camelot wore.

"It was indeed. I rarely leave the palace walls, so I ensured to be accompanied by the best. My warriors have seen combat in many forms. They train rigorously, sometimes I think I'm too hard on them." A warrior came up to the Emporer and spoke.

"Your majesty if you ever lighten our training, I will skin myself." The Emperor chuckled and gestured for the person next to him to introduce themselves. As the person did, they faced Gwen first and bowed. Then to Arthur, Merlin, and the Knights standing on the left of their royal couple.

"No need for bowing here, after all, we plan to be friends. You can take off your helmet if you like." The warriors behind the pair obeyed and walked off to where the servants of the Citadel asked them to but the one here in front looked hesitant. The Emperor nodded his head encouraging them, which finally pushed them to do so.

When they removed their helmet, or, her helmet, the eyes of the knights, Merlin, Gwen, and Arthur widened. Her hair was in a braid with golden pinches onto it and her ears were adorned with small earrings.

The warrior noticed and she and her noble laughed. Her smile showed the perfect teeth she had.

"I understand the confusion, my voice isn't exactly feminine. It goes against most things in our culture."