The Flowers Are Blooming

⋆꙳❅*❆ ⋆꙳❅*❆ ⋆꙳❅*❆ ⋆꙳❅*❆ ⋆꙳❅*❆ ⋆꙳❅*❆ ⋆꙳❅*❆ ⋆꙳❅*❆ ⋆꙳❅

The young boy woke up, immediately shivering as he walked on the wooden flooring of his cabin.

He added more firewood to his almost out flame and quickly got it going again before walking over to the Snow White wolf that lay in the corner by the fireplace and gently patting his head. An action of both wakening and adoration

He quickly put on his cloak and boots, going outside to his icebox to pick up the daily delivery of fish and ran back inside, skewering the fish and holding it over the fire.

Usually, there would be two fish each day. There had only been one, that isn't a good sign.

Luckily for him, he recently kept the fish tails in a separate icebox, incase of emergency. He only ate the center of the vertebrates. the head went to his wolf, His only friend, his Kibou.

As soon as he deemed the food ready, he went over the grab his blade and cut off his and his buddy's portion.

By now, the wolf had woken up to the smell of food. Like he did usually, and began to eat as soon as the sustenance was placed on the cloth that had become his designated eating place.

The boy had sat next to his companion, eating his share and enjoying the company.

"How did you sleep Kibou?" He asked "well, I assume"

And continued gnawing on his meal

"Sometimes, I wish I had your fur coat." Fubuki paused "you never seem to be cold"

The two finished their food and quickly disposed of it before heading out.

"Even if it's my job, I really do hate having to chop wood everyday." He spoke to the animal

He walked quite far out, over to what he once assumed was a lavish forest but could now only be described as a harbor for dead wood.

Even so, he had found comfort in the area. He often climbed the trees there and even took it upon himself to find the thickest tree and make it theirs.

Out of more branches, he created a sort of obstacle course for Kibou to climb up whenever he climbed up to the thin platform near the top of the tree Fubuki called "the lookout"

It was often used to find out if a snowstorm was coming, and for him personally to find good trees to chop

As he walked deeper into the landscape he began to size up trees, seeing if they had much to offer.

Eventually, he had found an area with good trees and began to climb them, knocking away at some of the branches.

He collected an amount that he almost couldn't carry and began dragging it away.