Chili Pepper Angst

The room was dark, all she could hear was yelling and things being thrown around. Music was blasting into her ears, as tears rolled down her cheeks.
"Stop it, please!" she choked out between sobs. Her heart aches and her head spun... and no one heard her cries.

"CHILI!" A voice shouted out. Chili jolted awake, completely unaware of what was happening. "Oh my witches, Chili, are you okay?". Chili looked up, and saw Custard standing beside her bed.
"Custard?" Chili questioned.
"Custard the third, actually" Custard stated, full of sass. Chili rolled her eyes in response, what else could she have expected from him.
Chili looked down at her lap, still slightly out of it. Custard, despite his obvious stupidity, could tell that something was up. "Are you okay?" He questioned. Chili avoided eye contact with the boy. He was 8, he didn't need to know anything. Quick, just think of a lie!
"Oh uh, I'm fine. Just, uhh, a little under the weather." Chili managed to stutter out. Custard frowned, not fully buying Chili's excuse.
"You were crying..." He whispered. Chili was taken aback. It was the genuine care and sympathy that lingered in Custards voice that truly shocked her. She lost her words for a moment.
"I uh, just had a bad headache." Chili lied, hoping it would end any further questioning. Custard furrowed his brows, but then jumped up.
"Hey, how about I make you some soup! It always makes me feel better." Custard exclaimed joyfully. Chili felt a smile tug at her lips.
"Sure, kid." Custard ran out of the room gleefully, she could hear him yelling at wizard to make some soup. As a service to 'hIs MaJeStY'. Chili laid back in bed, thinking over the dream she had. She shuddered remembering the crashing furniture and yelling and crying...
Chili could hear custards voice from the kitchen. It made her happy thinking about him.
She knew she wasn't perfect, far from it really. By no means was she fit to be a parent.
But maybe, just maybe... she could give Custard the childhood that she never had.

A/N
Ahhh I love the trope of chili being a parent figure to custard >.<

Give me some requests if you have any!