Chapter 2

So... I know I know you're probably thinking Persephone. You're a fucking idiot and guess what I would agree with you. but here's the thing, I see my boyfriend everywhere... yes, I see him in person but I see him all over billboards and TV. If it turns out that he canceled this match to see this random girl dance, who nobody knows is his girlfriend, they'll start to get suspicious. I want him to have a good career...I know I'm a fucking idiot.

We're sitting on the couch and asked "hey, babe. I saw on the ballet board in your studio that you're doing Swan lake? What are you in it?" Shit. He asked. Somehow I knew he would but I just didn't have the heart to tell myself that. So I said to him "oh, I got the swan. but if you can't come, that's fine they'll probably be recording." Now I know damn well there's not gonna be recording. But they do like to record the costume rehearsal...don't think about it right now! Then he says "what time?" Oh shit the time! Maybe he can come! " but it's OK if you don't because I know after your match you get a little tired and you just wanna go home and sleep..." I say. It's true, though he would come home and flop onto the couch. It's really crazy though. I mean after ballet I am tired, but flopping onto the couch is something I could never do.

"Persephone what time does it start?" when he said that he said such a serious and seductive voice. In that moment I was turned on. But I told him "Seven." Then he went back to his happy self . Cuddling me and watching tv. How does he do that? You know how I said that he has beige flags. I feel like that's one of them. he can be really serious and super sexy and then he goes back into this big happy guy. How? But he said "I'm coming. No matter if I'm bloody and probably have a concussion."

Let me tell you , that's a promise, an Anthony Rocher promise. He told me that he said that to his mama once and his mama freaked out. Because she thought he was serious turns out he was. Just imagine a 5 year old Latino boy telling his 29 year old Puerto Rican mother, he's going to do something no matter if he's bloody or broken. I applaud his mother. I applaud her every day for not crying seeing him get hurt. Because I know if it was me I'd be crying all the time. I've always been like that tho. No, let me explain that promise.

Me and Anthony are very different in several ways. I'm a only child and Anthony has two younger brothers. Another thing is I grew up in a Korean and American household and he grew up in a Puerto Rican household. So we are both very independent. But I'm more responsible, but Anthony on the other hand does not think before doing things. That's what makes him a good boxer, apparently. So his promise comes deep down inside. Because he also confessed to me with a bloody nose. He told me that night that he wanted to tell me something and he did not care if he was bloody or broken he was gonna tell me. so I knew he was serious when he said he's coming to my ballet dance if he was bloody or broken.