7

Walking to school, I see Jack walking on the opposite side of the street. He then waves over and runs across the street, shifting his backpack onto his shoulder. I'm still memorized by last night, and how we are both colours.
"Oh, hey Luce." He walks with me on my left side, as we wander in the parking lot.
"Hello Jack," I reply nicely. "I see you're going to school early, again. I never noticed you did that unlike all the other-"
"All the other blacks? Remember, I'm not what I seem." We both laugh. But soon that laughter turns into mourning silence.
"So, uh, I've got this really cool hideout with some others... the other-others," He hints in his voice and I immediately know he's talking about the colours. "We can teach you to identify..." a teacher walks by, "to identify the historical figures on our test. Yeah, I need help to study." I look at him and he motions towards Mr. Brown, our science teacher.
"Oh, sure. It's not like you'll get a passing grade though." He winks at me and I smile when Mr. Brown isn't looking.
"So see you there at your house... to study. Seven," When Mr. Brown walks away, Jack moves closer. "Eleven, meet me outside your window." I wave goodbye to him, and he salutes in respond. Gosh, he's cute