Chapter 3

Prim pov
I’m so mad at Rory for volunteering. Why would he do that? I never told Katniss this, but I was also angry at her for volunteering “Why would you do this?” I asked Rory. “You’re my best friend, and I don’t want anything to happen to you”, he says. I just shake my head and look away “I just had a thought”, Effie says. “I have my hair Katniss has her pin”, “I’m going to get you four something gold”, she says to me Peeta and Rory and Haymitch” “Why”, I ask “To show that we’re a team and that they can’t just”....  “Thank you,” Katniss says with a smile. Effie smiles back at her

Reaping list.
All the people from the 75th game plus a few siblings

We arrive in the capital the next day. It's the day of the parade Katniss has Cinna as her stylist. I don’t know who mine will be. After I’m bathed, scrubbed, and washed, none of which was pleasant by the way my stylist comes in with a man with a typical capital look. Why couldn’t I get someone normal like Cinna? “Hello, my name is Atero I’ll be your stylist” “Hi”, I say with a polite smile. He circles me, and I start to feel weirded out. “You’re very pretty,” he says “Thanks”, I say “I’m coordinating with Cinna and your sister’s costume we thought you two should match come now”, he says “let’s get you ready”  He hands me my outfit and tells me to go change. “What do you think”? I look in the mirror, and my outfit is stunning. It's a black high collar robe that glows red “It reflects body heat” Artero tells me. “My make-up is subtle red lipstick and some glitter on my face. My hair, which has been trimmed, is resting in its natural waves just past my shoulders. He places a tiara on my head. “There, you’re a princess, a princess of embers” He leads me outside to where the other tributes are and I see Katniss talking to Finnick. She looks beautiful. She's wearing a black tunic, her hair is cascading down her back and she has dark makeup. I walk over to them and Katniss hugs me.

Katniss pov
“Prim this is Finnick, Finnick. This is my sister Prim. “Nice to meet you Prim”, Finnick says, taking Prim’s hand and kissing it. I see Rory standing behind Prim. “Would you like a sugar cube”, Finnick asks Prim, “Sure”, Prim says taking the sugar cube but instead of eating it she turns around and throws it at Rory bouncing it off of his forehead. And I stifled a laugh. “Will you stop being mad at me?” Rory says. “Probably not”, Prim replies. “I’m sorry you had to cancel your wedding”, Finnick tells me “I know how devastating that must be for you. Have a good day”, he says, walking away, saying hi to Peeta. Cinna comes over to us “No waving and smiling this time I want you and Peeta to look straight ahead like the audience and this whole event are beneath you” He looks at Prim, “I was gonna have you smile wave, and look innocent but I think the Capital needs to see that you’re growing up you should have your own identity outside of being Katniss’s sister” “So, you do want me to wave?” Prim asks, and I can tell she’s hoping he says no. Cinna thinks it over for a moment. “No, you don’t have to wave, but I do want you to smile a bit”, Prim nods, and Cinna hands me a button and gives the other to Prim. “Press them when you’re ready. Good luck. We mount our chariots, and the parade begins. I do what Cinna said and look straight ahead, ignoring the cheering crowd, but they’re mostly cheering Prim’s name. I look behind me to see Prim smiling like Cinna wanted her to. I lock eyes with her and nod, and we both press our buttons. Mine and Peeta’s costumes shine bright red. I look behind me to see Prim’s costume glowing a softer red with embers shooting out, and Rory’s doing the same thing. The crowd goes even more crazy cheering our names.