𝟬𝟬𝟯 - 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗯𝗲𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗹

⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

EYANA COULDN'T REMEMBER what the remainder of the reaping ceremony had been like; everything was foggy in her mind. Lucy Gray's melodic and powerful voice was one of the few things she remembered, as was Hilarius's consoling touch on her shoulder during the ceremony.

The only words in her thoughts were 'Bobbin.' 'Games.' 'To save.' She had no idea how often they came and went in her brain; all she knew was that she felt burdened by the weight of having to care for someone so young, someone who had already been sentenced.

Taking care of Haakon was not as difficult as taking care of a tribute; it was natural and effortless. Most of his tantrums were insignificant, including a broken toy, a scrape on his knee, or an attempt to garner her attention. They were things she knew she was prepared to cope with, things she knew she could manage well, because no matter what occurred at the end of the day, Haakon would be home and safe.

The scenario there was distinct, and it was frightening. The life of a small boy was at her hands and depended on her—the life of someone's son—and, as much as she wanted to control the situation, she knew she couldn't.

There was no logic in this circumstance; the Capitol did not have any sense at the time, and Eyana was unable to deal with the lack of rationality served in such an open manner, this was one of the things that confused her the most.

She didn't know what to do, and her family was aware of her frustration.

To say the least, the way back home was weird. Eyana noticed Haakon was quieter than usual and cuddled closer to her, his worried eyes fixed on her face. He may not have understood what was going on, but he felt something was wrong since he knew his sister well.

He could read her easily.

However, what was weirdest was Damian's glance at her—not a judging or unenthusiastic look like usual, but rather a little "regretful?" and even a little scared stare, which was difficult to figure out, but it was still there. Eyana didn't fully comprehend, but for some reason her father expressed some negative emotions when someone mentioned District 8, as if he had something to hide.

However, she never had the courage to ask about it; while she desired attention, even if it was negative, she knew that the man's secrets and deeds should not be questioned; it was a line no one should cross.

Yet, that insistent look was starting to make her even more nervous.

The fact that just stopped following her when she went up the stairs and started towards her room, made her anxious; it was unusual to have such a worried look on her back rather than a judgmental one. It seemed like everything was already changing.

Eyana isn't sure what time she fell asleep that night; she didn't really remember much about the rest of that day, but there was a small, vague memory of her being awake and looking out the skylight, her eyes almost closing as she thought about her likely alliance with Hilarius and tried her best to think of a way to save Bobbin.