𝟬𝟬𝟳 - 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄

.⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

THE PRESENCE of Wovey and Bobbin provided Eyana with a profound sense of peace, soothing her stressed nerves after the chaotic events of the day before, and although she was embarrassed to admit it out loud she couldn't deny the huge effect that the person next her had on her repose.

Although Hilarius's feelings for her were obvious to her, it was odd that he expressed them so honestly and shamelessly. Hilarius appeared to act disregarding the consequences of his actions, especially when it came to her. At times, she had concerns about this. She thought his lack of rationality was stupid.

The truth is that Eyana didn't know how to handle so much attention, especially nice attention. It was true that she had been the focus of her friends and brother, but his focus was completely different; it was exclusively on her, and Eyana had no idea how she should react.

And right now he was looking at her with great affection, which left her unfocused.

There were moments when Eyana wished she could have both her mother's looks and her attitude. Arpina was gifted with the ability to move between the states of adoration and its absence with ease and grace. Sadly, it appeared that Haakon was the only one who had these traits. Well, except the little boy didn't know how to deal with the absence of it.

"So how was it?" Delythena's loud voice jolted the girl out of her reverie, and as she looked in the direction of the voice, she found Delythena's attentive and curious eyes carefully examining what was going on between the two. They hadn't noticed they were still holding hands.

Hilarius emitted a dissatisfied groan, reluctantly tearing his lovely gaze from the girl beside him to glare at his sister in annoyance. Yet, his sister simply flashed him a teasing smile. "It went well, I suppose." He muttered, but Eyana shot him a skeptical look, her nose wrinkling at the obvious falsehood in his words.

The truth is, Hilarius hardly spoke to Bobbin and Wovey, preferring to let Eyana handle most interactions. Even though he provided the food, Eyana was the one who engaged with them, listened attentively, and treated them kindly. While she formed a genuine connection, Hilarius remained in the background, nodding along without actively participating.

He had been nice enough to come get her, but deep down, she couldn't help but feel dissatisfied with his lack of interest. They were in this together, but she made all the work alone.

"Hm, I see." Delythena murmured, recognizing her brother's falsehood, and her gaze shifted slightly to the car window, where the ruins that the war caused were visible. "That boy from your class entered the zoo with a backpack; I think he brought food or something like that." Delythena continued, this time with a yawn.

"Oh, you must be talking about Sejanus." Eyana spoke for the first time since their returning from the zoo. "Your brother and I passed by him on our way back here." Hilarius wrinkled his nose at the mention of Sejanus's name, he never liked him.