𝟬𝟭𝟬 - 𝗮 𝗯𝗮𝗱 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗼𝗰𝗰𝘂𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

.⋆。˚☽˚。⋆.

⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

(TW: mentions of war and Hilarius shorts )

AT THE FRONT DOOR OF HER HOUSE, Eyana hesitated at the entrance, her hand trembling slightly as she reached for the handle. With a deep breath, she pushed it open.

As soon as she stepped inside, the off-key sound of the old piano in the living room invaded her ears, making her flinch slightly.

The first thing she noticed when she entered the house was the familiar smell of chocolate and cinnamon that the house had in the morning, along with the strong smell of cigars as usual. The morning light through the entrance windows cast some shadows on the hall floor. When she closed the door behind her, the creaking of the hinges echoed through the empty house.

Eyana's ears followed the dissonant melody coming from afar, identifying Haakon's silly attempts to attract attention on the piano. Sometimes, he played when he wanted to be noticed, hoping someone would come and tell him to stop. Each wrong note was a reflection of his boredom and the loneliness that now filled the house.

With a sigh, she approached the sound, her steps barely audible on the wooden floor.

The closer Eyana got to the visiting room, the louder the off-key melody of the piano became, and somehow that made her feel less nervous about the impending meeting with her father.

Haakon was sitting at the old black grand piano with a pout on his lips, his fingers clumsily and roughly touching the keys, revealing his true desire, which was to draw attention, attention that he probably hadn't received since she walked out the door the day before.

The girl stood at the entrance, unsure whether she should break his moment of focus.  On the one hand, her urge to interact with him was strong; on the other, she didn't want him to lose concentration and begin asking questions—questions she couldn't answer or, if she could, chose not to say aloud.

Eyana swore she was witnessing déjà vu, remembering exactly the moments when an upset Arpina sat down at that same grand piano and started making melodies—melodies that only seemed to have meaning in her head and Damian's, who always listened intently to everything the woman played on the piano.

The fact that no one had gotten rid of that piano yet was surprising .

Deciding to disclose her presence with caution, she advanced towards her younger brother and the instrument he was engrossed in playing. With a hand poised to explore the texture of the aged surface that lay before her, her heart pulsated with a mix of anticipation for the forthcoming curiosity and apprehension regarding the explanations she would need to offer him.

Haakon's eyes flicked up at her when he sensed the manicured hand resting atop the sheet music he had been neglecting, and then a wide smile blossomed across the face that had previously been adorned with a pout and furrowed eyebrows.