CHAPTER 3

"It's strange how time can make a place shrink, make it's strangeness ordinary"- Veronica Rosth.

I've been practising to read and write in all the languages that I had learnt in my past life. If what I've seen from Natasha's memory is correct, the language system should be the same as earth's. And of course I'm doing it behind everybody's backs. What'd people think if they find out that there's a 3 year old who knows how to read and write in multiple languages to an adults knowledge? I don't want unnecessary attention, and I don't want to be a lab rat.

So I'm trying to act like a typical three-year-old who loves rainbows, unicorns, and candy - even though it isn't exactly easy. I remember what I heard when I was eavesdropping on the conversation my mother was having with her followers.

flashback

"This child acts like an adult sometimes.  She behaves herself and is very patient for her age. She's very tidy and mostly doesn't play with kids her age," I heard one woman say.

"Even I as her mother gets surprised. Even when she was born, she rarely cried, which was worrying, but the doctor said it was okay even if she didn't cry much because she was still healthy. There is nothing I can do about it. Besides, if something isn't bad, we should accept it," Nalu replied haughtily. I am her child anyway, even if she doesn't like me.

End of flashback

I'm planning to take advantage of the fact that I've been reborn and that I have Natasha's memory of the future to my advantage. I want to increase the amount of money that I have and raise my own power instead of depending on someone else.

I'm planning on running away from this country after breaking a bunch of laws because there's no way I'm getting away without the authorities at my back.

I'll need another power to help me and my child get out of this alive. The only power I can create to help me achieve my goal of survival and hide me and my baby's identity is the power of the underworld. Of course I'll stage my death but someone will find out about it in the end and there's a huge possibility that they'll come after me. After all, it's the royal family I'll be dealing with. That's the best I can think of because the government won't possibly be able to intervene in the underworld just as the underworld stays away from it as much as possible.

To get my grabby little hands on such a power, I'm going to take advantage of the soon to be discovered emerald mine in the south and the diamond mines in our territory - the west

To avoid it getting discovered by someone else, I'll have to take ownership of them within three to four years. I'm going to use an adult as a representative for me, one that I can trust. Someone who won't scam me or try to take away the ownership of the mines. I'm planning to hide it from everyone in the future too, so I'll need someone long-term.

Though it won't be easy to find such a person, I'm positive I'll find someone who'll fit that criteria. I hope everything goes according to plan. Though I'm getting to see my mafia fantasy fulfilled, I don't want to get anyone's blood on my hands. However, I'm getting a sinking feeling that that won't go my way. I will be in the position where I need to get rid of anyone who poses a threat to me and the people I love, but I don't necessarily need to kill someone to do that. After all, there are things more painful than death.

"I'll make sure to make anyone who crosses me beg for death including my future bastard husband and future witch of a best friend," I mumble to myself before doing my best impression of an evil laugh after making sure no ones within hearing range.

**************************************

A year later

I was sitting in my favourite tree in my garden when my caretaker Tina finally spotted me after looking for me for two hours.