37- Graduation

Elaine was standing with Pansy and Daphne in front of a giant mirror, the three girls all wearing their graduation robes. They had all come such a long way in the last year, they had no idea if they were even going to be able to graduate with the things happening in their lives. Hogwarts had set up a stage outside for the graduation, where all of the families were gathering in that moment. 

Elaine was in an excellent mood. She knew that when she looked out into the crowd, she would see her mother sitting out there with Ralph. Her mother has recovered fully and sees Ralph all the time. However, she did agree to let Ralph stay at Hogwarts for as long as he wanted. 

Since the summer is coming up, Elaine and her mother had decided that Ralph would go home with Rose for the first month of summer, to give Theo and Elaine some space. Then he would stay with them for the rest of the summer. 

"I can't believe we're done, and I passed charms, I never thought that would happen," Pansy exclaims. 

"This time last year I didn't even think I would be living, so I guess the world is full of miracles," Daphne tells the girls next to her. 

"Did Theo tell you his plan, Elaine?"

Daphne and Pansy were both let in on Theo's plan for the couple. 

"What plan?" 

"Oh, so he didn't tell you", Pansy smirks. 

Elaine groans, "Are either of you going to tell me?"

"No, we're not going to take that away from him, he's really excited".

Elaine tried to wrap her head around what Theo could possibly be planning. At least this time she knew it had nothing to do with a time turner. 

"Ladies we have to go!" They hear Blaise call from the hall. 

The three of them scramble and grab their graduation caps before running out and meeting with the rest of the group. 

Theo stood nervously, he had no one in the crowd that was there for him. His girlfriend was supporting him, he knew that, but it wasn't the same as looking out and seeing your family sitting there in the crowd.

He didn't think it would bother him so much, but it did. Days like this one made him miss his mother more than usual. 

Elaine notices that Theo had gone silent, he didn't notice when McGonagall started calling everyone to line up. 

"Theo," Elaine calls.

He was starring off into the distance and really didn't even blink. It was like he was in a trance.

"Teddy," Elaine calls back out softly. 

That catches his attention, he sighs letting his girlfriend take a hold of his arm. He looks down into her eyes and automatically feels a little bit better about everything. 

"Sorry love, was just thinking about my mom," he tells her. 

"It's ok, I get it. I just want you to make sure you're alright. We're lining up". 

Theo nods, kissing Elaine's temple quickly before he lets her pull him over to where he needs to be. 

The whole ceremony was fairly boring to the Slytherin group, but once the names started to be called, that's when everyone was excited. Draco and Elaine were sat next to each other, seeing as their last initial is the same. 

"Daphne Greengrass!"

Daphne popped up onto the stage, all of her friends cheered for her, and you could hear Astoria cheering over all of them. Elaine and Draco's row stood up, heading up to the stage.