Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4 (Joel's POV)

We had just barely made it into the door before the bell rang, all three of us sat next to each other as we watched the teacher walk into the classroom.

"Good morning-ish class, for the first month of class we will be reading a book, then taking a test after. Who would like to hand out the book?" The teacher announced as she pulled a book with a pink and black cover.

A few of the kids raised their hands and the teacher picked the ones she found suitable. Then they went around class handing the books out, when I was handed mine I immediately looked to see what book it was, and it was called "No Longer Human by: Osamu Dazai" (I think that's what it's called, don't come at me if it's wrong)

"Oh this is a pretty cool looking book, do you agree G?" I asked flipping the book over to read the back text.

"Yea, it does look interesting..." Grian answered, continuing to read the back.

"Oh, I've read this before, it's pretty good." The masked kid- I MEAN Etho said, setting the book down next to his other notebook.

"Now that we all have our books, we will be reading to ourselves, you should be at chapter 30 by the end of the week." The teacher explained, opening her laptop and doing what I assume to be making assignments, or not who knows.

I opened my book and started reading, by the end of class I was on chapter 4, pretty good. We all started packing our bags and leaving through the door.

"Man, I am really hungry..." I complained.

"Oh be quiet, we are literally headed to lunch now, Beans." Grian explained, glaring at me a little, and my response to that was to laugh.

"You guys seem to get along well." Etho laughed.

"Yea, I met him a year ago, it was pretty bizarre how we met." I said looking off into the distance.

Eventually we made it to the lunch room, sitting down at a table all with home lunch (because school lunch really sucks).

"We never really properly introduced ourselves, we should do that now, I'll go first." Grian said standing behind his seat, "My name is Grian, I am a transfer student from Japan, and I really hate the Doritos crisps."

"Ok, ok, I'll go next, my name is Joel, and I'm the most tall, handsome, smart and humble person you'll ever meet, oh and I like peanut butter and jam sandwiches." I said proudly standing behind my seat.

"Haha, alright I guess it's my turn, my name's Etho, I like playing video games and reading books, and I don't like jelly beans." Etho said, still sitting in his seat as he didn't want to stand up.

"Why don't you like jelly beans?" I asked.

"They just taste weird and the texture of them is off to me." Etho answered, opening his lunch box.

"I agree jelly beans taste strange." Grian said, taking a bite out of a ham sandwich that he made.

"At least someone agrees with me, Cleo disagrees, she says they taste nice." Etho explains.

"Who's Cleo?" Both me and Grian ask, almost in sync.

"Oh, she's one of my friends, she's pretty cool I think you'd get along." Etho said eating a tuna sandwich (I like tuna is good).

"Huh, by chance do you happen to, maybe like her?" Grian said, smirking.

"Hm, yea I guess she's pretty likable, she can be kind of rude though, sometimes she says the truth without even sugarcoating..." Etho said, sighing.

"No, no I mean like, do you really like her?" Grian said, still smirking.

"G we're literally in highschool, is it that hard to say the word love?" I added, taking a bite out of my delicious peanut butter and jam sandwich.

"Oh! No, I don't like her like that, just friends!" Etho laughed awkwardly.

"Mhm... Sure..." Grian said.

"No, no seriously, I think if I loved her she would kill me." Etho said laughing.

We continued talking, eventually finishing our food and leaving the lunch room. G had to leave us as he had a different class, so we said goodbye and headed to our next class.

Bon appetit, enjoy your chapter sorry for the late chapter, also my dad made brownies and they were nice lol :D

(704 words O-O)