Chapter 2 - Harry's magical potential and his hidden knowledge awakening.

"Whoever caused that must have a very very powerful dark core... Who could that be?", asked Ginny looking at the three of them hoping they'd have an answer.

"Sorry to disappoint you Ginny, we all have the same question, but no answer.", The whole great hall was full of murmuring and whispers now. Everyone seemed to be cautious. Dumbledore's eyes were still on me for some reason, it was like if he was deciding to rather kill me now than later. His twinkling blue eyes made my body shiver.

Until last year, well, before the Triwizard tournament that is, I trusted Dumbledore with my life. But ever since seeing Cedric die all because of me, and that he was just a spare.. I could never see the old man the same way I used to.

Then everyone near went silent. They were all staring at me- no they were all staring at something behind me. I turned back to see Dumbledore there, when had he come here? Apparation? Oh wait you can't do that.. What does he want now? My soul? My firstborn?

A slip. His dreamy and calm expression shattered like fragile glass when his eyes met my one crimson red eye, but the slip disappeared in mere seconds.

"My boy, what's wrong with your eye?"

How am I supposed to know that?, also don't call me that.

"I am afraid I do not know professor. I woke up this morning like this.."

Another slip, for a moment, he looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

"Ah I see.. did you perhaps.. have some strange dream or thoughts of sort?"

You mean my dream of a young Tom Riddle crying and threatening to kill them all?, Or you mean my sudden urge to fantasize in dark thoughts on how to brutally murder Umbridge?, or you mean how I finished all my homework perfectly, and before Hermione that is?, Or the fact that I could not feel the suffocation everyone else felt?, Or the fact I do not feel safe around you anymore?

"No sir.. nothing."

Dumbledore looked directly into my eyes. Little does the old fool know, I have improved i Legillemens, not from Snape's lessons, rather I've been practicing with the same newfound urge that made me do my homework.

Dumbledore broke the eye contact with me looking rather disappointed as he asked,"My boy, I need to speak with you about something urgent, are you free this evening?"

I am as free as oxygen is to breathe.

"No sir, I'm afraid I have classwork to do", I lied in an awfully innocent voice, there is no way I am going after him being this suspicious.

He looked even more irritated and annoyed now, and left muttering something. Wow, annoying him is very fun. Maybe I should do it more...

"What was that about?, did you do anything Harry?", Hermione inquired, I shook my head. That was the truth.

Hermione shrugged it off to Harry's relief and Ron exclaimed,"Whoever did that, they could even give Dumbledore a run for his money!"

"I think you're exaggerating this a bit Ron- yes it was powerful but... maybe not as much"

Ginny asked,"But who could it be?"

Ron asked,"Do you think it could be Malfoy?- His family are supporters of the dark lord after all..".

Malfoy? Draco Malfoy?, Harry felt insulted. Or maybe it was the feeling of insult for whoever accomplished that... But Malfoy?, the idea itself seems ludicrous.

"Preposterous Ron, I don't think this is another one of his petty pranks."

You have to admit Harry, you did that... You were the one imagining ways to murder Umbridge.. You're denying the obvious..

Hissed the snake in Harry's mind. He hated to admit it, but it had truth to it. But can his parents, Lily and James have dark magical cores? The notion itself is funny to him. 

Harry looked at his friends, he felt like a traitor, a snake in the lion's den.. They all believed him to be the savior and all but look at him.. He had his own dark side..

______________________________________________________________________________

As the Charms class began and Professor Flitwick introduced the spell of the day, Impedimenta, Harry found himself drifting into a state of boredom. He idly listened as Hermione eagerly raised her hand, ready to offer her encyclopedic knowledge to the class once again.

But no.. Professor Flitwick's gaze caught Harry, ad he decided to ask him instead of Hermione,      "Mr.Potter, can you please tell the class about the Impedimenta spell?"

Before Harry even fully realized what he was doing, his mind seemed to reach for a hidden reservoir of kowledge, and he was already explaining it,

"The Impedimenta spell, also known as the Impediment Jinx, is a defensive spell in the wizarding world used to slow down or impede the movement of a target. When cast successfully, the spell creates a temporary hindrance, causing the target to become sluggish or even freeze momentarily.

The incantation for the Impedimenta spell is "Impedimenta," pronounced im-peh-di-MEN-tuh. To cast the spell, a witch or wizard typically points their wand at the target and utters the incantation with intention and focus. The effectiveness of the spell may vary depending on the skill and proficiency of the caster, as well as the strength of the target's magical defenses..."

Everyone was staring at him like he was a new addition to a zoo or something. Even Harry was now still, how did he know that?. Professor Flitwick gave Gyffindor five points and let everyone to start practicing it.

Harry muttered Impedimenta, just to practice the pronunciation before even picking up his wand. And guess what, Harry had another surprise to give both to himself and the class, cause he did it wandless. Wow, ok he has to be dreaming now!

"Fifteen points to gryffindor for demonstrating a wandless spell perfectly on first try!", Harry grinned, and saw Hermione with a slightly jealous expression on her face, ad Ron was smiling wide.

 ______________________________________________________________________________

The day went on like this. Especially potions was so dam funny. Snape would ask a question and Harry would give a beautifully crafted answer, and Snape would not give any points. He even had the audacity to take away points for cheating. What cheating!?

What had changed? Harry had only been good at Defense against the dark arts right?

Wrong.

Word Count: 1025