Teufel's POV:

I'm no good at missions. Teufel sighed and stretched her arms.

          Just a few hours ago, Nathan, Daemon and herself had returned from a mission. Daemon had been close to death, and Nathan had been immobile. Tefuel had to drag them both into her portals and back into their base. Daemon was currently healing and Nathan was resting.

          She had been no help at all, just a spare in case the mission went wrong. It had gone perfectly planned.

          She sighed. She'd watched Daemon get pummeled and suffer, and she couldn't have done anything. And then Nathan had to seal Leo, the warrior that Daemon had been fighting, which had resulted in Nathan's immobility.

          Teufel did a few spins with her scythe, and quietly took in the details.

          Void-black with dark purple and magenta gradients and little purple glowing orbs embedded in the blade, her scythe reminded her how graceful she was. Only the most graceful fighters fought with a scythe or dagger. They could move easily and adapt to their environment without much trouble.

          Teufel didn't notice someone entering the room, until they tapped her on the shoulder. Teufel jumped and out of surprise and alarm, teleported a safe distance away from the newcomer, readying her scythe. Only when she realized it was Daemon did she lower her weapon, but it still didn't calm her.

          "What are you doing out of the infirmary?" She demanded, as Daemon slowly turned around to face her.

          Daemon smiled sheepishly. "I woke up. Pain prevents you from getting back to sleep, and I figured it would be a good idea to stretch my muscles so that they're not so tight. So far, they've been doing me good. The pain is pretty much gone." His smile faded when he caught Teufel's eye. "Uh...pardon my words?"

          Teufel shook her head. She lowered her stance and called her weapon away. Both of them walked over to a stand in the domed-case room. The ceiling was made up of clear windows rimmed with gold, and then surrounded by marble. The same went for the floors, and the walls were embellished in elaborate marble and gold. A truly magnificent place.

          Teufel jumped onto the marble ledge in the corner of the room and settled in while Daemon stood beside her, but didn't climb onto the ledge.

          "You know, you weren't useless back there." Daemon started.

          "How do you know? I didn't do a thing!" Tefuel looked outraged. She hadn't done a thing to help, and all she did was watch. Teufel felt like screaming.

          You are not a baby, Teufel, she reminded herself. She was dragged out of her thoughts when Daemon continued.

           "But you were there. We could have had someone else come to take your place in case anything had happened, but we chose you, because we know you're capable of fighting and backing up people. You're an amazing fighter. Remember, I'm always going to be the... you know, bait. No one else." Daemon said as he walked back and forth between two windows a few feet away from Teufel.

          Teufel watched him with wide eyes. "But..."

          Daemon laughed, saying "No buts. It's true. Out of all the warriors here, I have the wisdom, but I don't have the manpower to fight anyone. I only stand a chance against Derek because we used to know each other. Even you're stronger than me. In this war, the only way to win the war is to fight with strength. Wisdom, nowadays, doesn't do us much good."

          Teufel, who had listened to this lengthy speech with great attention, interrupted. "Daemon, out of all of us, you're the smartest! We need you to perform battle plans. You have experience!"