Ch 1

(Chris's Pov)

Following Oliver into his friend's practice room I watch him head over to his other half as I stand off to the side awkwardly. After a moment though a young man taller than me with big brown doe eyes approaches he giving me a smile I a little curious when I see his mostly pure aura. "Hi I'm Jaehyun." I give a little nod in greeting. "Hello I'm Chris." His expression turns curious. "So Oliver says you're an angel right? Why exactly are you working with a demon?" I explain saying simply. "Because we have to make sure everyone is getting to their destined afterlife. The system we had glitched and it's being fixed but we have to go through physical files for a while." He looks intrigued tilting his head. "What's it like in heaven?" I pause for a moment before I say cautiously. "It's alright. Everyone gets placed in their own personal heaven for the rest of eternity. As for the angels though they're usually assigned to be guardians of special humans." He nods then looks like he wants to ask something but he's holding back. "What is it?" He hesitates before asking sheepishly. "Were you born or created? How exactly do you end up as an angel?" My lips twitch up into a little smile. "Well you can die as human and get chosen to be an angel. That's very rare though. Usually the higher angels create different angels but I was actually born. My dad's an angel and my mom is a witch. My dad gave up his angel duties and his wings to be with my mom. Then when they had me I was immediately born with the same abilities as angels." Jaehyun gives me an amazed look. "So you not only are an angel but you're part witch too?" I nod a little looking uncomfortable. "The other angels don't particularly like me though. They call me the half breed and a crime against nature." Jaehyun frowns. "Why? Because you were born? That's stupid just because they were created doesn't make them any better." I look at him in slight surprise before giving him an appreciative smile he changing the subject. "So do you have to wear the white robes?" I give a slight nod. "Unfortunately yes. The only time I don't wear them is when I'm out with a charge or at home." He slowly nods looking curious. "Do you have wings?" I can't help but chuckle. "Not physically no. I teleport kinda like Oliver but I have a blue and white aura that shows my presence." He nods looking intrigued only to pause when my prayer senses are going off I hearing my mom calling me home. "Oh I have to go." Jaehyun looks a little disappointed but nods and says kindly. "It was nice talking to you. Maybe you can come over again." I tilt my head but give a non committed "maybe. But it was nice speaking to you as well Jaehyun." A smile crosses his face and I immediately teleport away I landing in the kitchen seeing my mom cooking away. "You called?" She turns around to me giving a concerned look. "Your father told me about the chaos in heaven and hell. How are you holding up?" I give her a reassuring smile. "I'm doing fine mom. Oliver and I got everything fixed for now and we actually took a break to hang out with his friends." She tilts her head at me. "What kind of friends?" I shrug. "Ten humans with a witch, two familiars, a werewolf and Oliver." My mom hums before going back to cooking. "There was this one interesting guy though. His name is Jaehyun and his soul's just barely darkened." My mom turns to me eyeing me in amusement. "Is my little Chris gaining feelings for someone?" I give her a slight look quickly denying it. "No mom. I just think he's nice and interesting. You know I can't be with anyone or I'll lose my wings and powers." She rolls her eyes a little. "Yes but you would still be part witch. They can't take away your full powers." I shake my head. "I'm not going down that road. Now I'm going to go change." I leave my mom in the kitchen and walk upstairs to my room where I change into pajama's before climbing into bed and instantly crash.