STRESS » agent eight

i know splatoon isn't as recognizable immediately to others, but i absolutely LOVE the game. especially when side order came out.

side order spoilers !!

♡♡

The distant, yet distorted sound of the elevator slowly climbing up to the next floor broke the silence between the three marine creatures in the transporting vehicle.

The small light pink drone that Pearl was in glanced over at Marina, her robotic-like drone eyes blinking.

“Hey, Marina! Wouldn't it be cool if this elevator did some weird trick, kinda like a rollercoaster ride?” Pearl spun in a slow circle in her small drone, growing restless already.

Marina's expression shifted to confusion, yet softly smiling at Pearl's childish behavior. “Pearlie.. the elevator isn't designed to make you throw up.” She joked under her breath.

There was silence again, but not completely due to Marina's soft humming of one of the old songs her and Pearl performed before.

“We're almost at the top floor, everyone.” Acht spoke up, leaning against one of the elevator walls, closest to the doors. Agent Eight glanced over at the green skinned octoling, slowly receiving the colored chip out of their hands.

The ding to the elevator and the doors slowly sliding open made Eight slightly stiffen up, Pearl right beside her.

The Splat Dualies fazed into the octoling's hands, stepping onto the cage-like carrier that brought both Pearl and Eight to the floor.

This objective was to catch and eliminate one of the three Panicking Alla Mambos.

Once Eight let go of the handle of Pearl's drone, she spotted one of the Mambos, immediately rushing away from her. The boney structured fishes, covered with a black jelly-like barrier, called Jelltons, crowded the octoling all at once.

Pushed against the invisible 'barrier' of the wall, Eight held her breath, her eyes slightly squinted as she seemed stuck and trapped.
Pearl threw her processed bomb filled with light pink ink right at the Jelltons, causing them to launch back a bit.

“Yo, Eight! Are you alright? C'mon, back on your feet!” Pearl gazed upon the pained octopus, covered in black colored ink. She gave a slow, hesitant nod before noticing the fish slowly making a way towards them both again.

Back in the groove again, Eight played a strategy, placing some of the Ink Mines in different spots of the area, chasing the Mambos toward the mines to eliminate them all.

Afterward, she finally cleared the second to last floor, dragging her feet back to the elevator while Pearl bounced happily.

Silence once approached the elevator before Acht folded their arms. “Top floor. Make sure you two stay careful.” Acht glanced at Eight and Pearl.

The drone of Pearl scoffed. “Pfft.. like I will be on the edge of being splatted, sure!” She commented, being rather snarky.

Acht didn't reply back, only slowly dipping down their head again.

“Well! Time to knock this Order guy out!” Pearl slapped her robotic-like tentacles against the air, looking over at Eight. “Right, Eig—”

Pearl closed her mouth noticing the octoling balled up in the corner of the elevator, her face slightly stuffed underneath her arms, trembling.

“Eight? Are.. you good?” Pearl lowered her voice, getting the two other octoling's attention. Marina frowned, already worried.

Shifting into her inkling kind of state, Pearl kneeled down with a tilt to her head, looking up at Marina before speaking toward Eight.

“Is it about Order? If so, there's nothing to worry about! You got us, of course.” Pearl smiled, her golden, almost transparent shades of glasses glaring.

“Pearl's right. There's nothing to worry about.” Marina placed her hands in front of her body, giving off a worried-like smile still.

Acht nodded. “We can always take a break. We've been going through these floors quite fast.” They stepped forward.

Eight nodded, slowly relaxing, yet still sitting down and closing her eyes.

“At least we can breathe for a while, huh?”

♡♡

i cant imagine all those floors eight's going through without at least some stress.

have a wonderful day ~ !!