Chapter 1

(DISCLAIMER: i don't own any of the characters or any of the storyline for victorious. I only own my original character Vanessa Taylor and any original plot points that I made up that don't follow canon.)

3rd person pov

(Location: Hollywood Arts choir classroom)

It was almost the end of class and our teacher had his students all singing the song one more time before class ended. As they were singing, everyone could hear someone start to go off-key.

"Hold on. Stop for a second." Naturally everyone stopped singing.

"Someone was off-key," the teacher explained.

"Yeah. Who was it?" Tori questioned.

Everyone knew who it was of course, but in case someone didn't, Rex decided to add in his two cents on the matter.

"I'll give you two hints: Robbie and Shapiro"

Of course Robbie was offended by this accusation so he decided to speak up,

"My singing is not off." Which made Rex retort, "Man, your whole life is off."

Then Robbie tried to shift the blame off onto someone else so he decided to accuse one of his friends instead.

"Well, I think Tori was off-key." Which, of course, offended her since she knew for a fact it wasn't her so she just replied with a "well" and a scoff.

Then someone else decided to speak up on Tori's behalf: Ryder Daniels.

"Tori wasn't off, she was great. Really nice tone"

Tori, of course, took the compliment and thanked him and said to no one in particular, "Handsome boy thinks I was great," since she had absolutely no idea who he was.

Right after she said this, the bell rang signaling the end of class. Everyone started packing up their things and got ready to leave when their teacher stopped them.

"Uh-uh not so fast! Let's talk about your homework assignment."

"You mean for the Full Moon Jam?"

"Mhm. You all have to do a song and your performance will be counted as a third of your semester grade," the teacher explained.

Ryder decided to speak up and ask, "We have to sing a solo?"

To which the teacher said, "No. You can sing a solo if you so wish to but you can also sing as a duet. But just solos and duets." 

The class' quartet decided to interject and say, well, more like sing, "What about us?" To which the teacher immediately said, "No. No quartets." Said quartet had defeated expressions on their faces and sang, "oh." in unison.

Everyone started to pack up and leave class but a small group (that consisted of 2 random guys, 2 random girls and Robbie) formed around Tori and started all talking at once calling dibs on Tori as a partner for the project.

First it was Robbie who automatically assumed Tori would work with him so he said, "So, Tori, what should we sing together." Then one of the girls interjected and said, "I call Tori." Robbie countered and said, "I already called Tori." One (or both) of the girls reply, "Oh my gosh you worked with her on the last project."

Tori finally had enough and spoke up, "Hey, hey, he. You guys can't just call dibs on me. I'm not the passenger seat in your parent's minivan." To which Rex, who felt the need to put in his two cents, said "I never had a mom." Robbie was sympathetic and said, "oh" in a sad kind of way.

Tori had enough of the debating and made her decision and told them, "I'm singing a solo." The group (minus Robbie and Rex dispersed after that disappointed but understanding.

Tori leaves too and Robbie and Rex say, "Like a wolf, she walks alone." Robbie howls like a wolf and Rex tells him he's off-key.

Ryder on the other hand, when the bell rings, he leaves the classroom and goes to his locker. He then takes out his phone and texts someone, his girlfriend Vanessa, and tells her about the assignment.

Ryder: So we got a new assignment for music (chorus) class.

Vanessa: Ok so what is the assignment babe?

Ryder: We have to write a song and perform it for the Full Moon Jam and it'll be worth ⅓ of our semester grade. We can sing a solo or as a duet.

Vanessa: Sounds fun. So are you gonna perform alone or try to find someone to perform with you?

Ryder: I was thinking of asking Tori if she wanted to perform with me. If she says no or decides she wants to perform solo, I'll just perform alone. It's fine.

Vanessa: Are you sure you'd be able to perform alone baby? I'm not saying you can't, it's just that you usually prefer to perform with someone else because you're less nervous that way. I'll be there to watch and cheer you on either way so if you do end up doing a solo you can just look for me in the crowd and I'll help you through it."

Ryder: I know. I wish I was able to perform with you but there's that stupid rule that since it's for a grade you have to perform with someone from class or else you fail.

Vanessa: I know it sucks. I wish I could perform with you too but I kind of get what they're saying. It's for a grade and I don't go to your school and I'm not in that class so they don't see a benefit of an outsider performing for pretty much nothing while you're working hard for a good grade.

Ryder: I know and I do get it. I just wish that wasn't the case. But you being here for the performance will be more than enough baby. I'll let you know if it's going to be a solo or a duet after school today. I'll ask Tori when I see her next and then go from there.

Vanessa: Ok. If you need any help with songwriting or letting someone hear your song before the big performance you know I'll be more than happy to help.

Ryder: I know you would. And I definitely appreciate it. I'll let you know. I've got to get to class but I'll text or call you at lunch and then I'll see you after school. Am I picking you up or do you have a ride?

Vanessa: My car is still at the shop for the next few days and my friends have plans after school so a ride would be nice.

Ryder: Ok. I'll let you know when I'm leaving school and then when I get to your school. Now I've really got to get to class before I'm late. Talk to you later baby girl. Love you 😘

Vanessa: Love you too baby ❤️. Talk to you later.

Ryder closes out of his texts and puts his phone away before speed walking to class just barely making it in time. But this is pretty normal for him. He texts Vanessa in between classes and loses track of time and ends up either almost late or is actually late, but usually it's almost late.

He can't help it though. Vanessa is special and is very good at capturing and keeping his attention solely on her.

But for now he needs to focus on his classes. So he pushes the thoughts of his girlfriend to the back of his mind temporarily until lunch when he could talk to her again.

A/N: So here's chapter one of rumors, rumors are they true? It's kind of  short chapter but most of the chapters in this book won't be super long since I'm only making this book based mostly off of a single episode of Victorious so there's only so much you can expand on and change but I will be changing a lot of the text/script since the entire concept of this book is changing this episode around a bunch. I didn't really change much here so far but there wasn't really much that needed to be changed so I mostly just added on to the original plot. Hope you guys enjoy reading this. Bye for now.