005 | Stupid Alcohol.

CHARLOTTE HESITANTLY FOLLOWED behind as the group hovered into the giant building. She had never seen something so big and expensive looking up close, her dad never took her into the city before the outbreak.

She stood carefully at the back by Daryl, her own gun back in its holster. Her head snapped in the direction of a gun cocking, eyes landing on a man wearing a white shirt aiming his gun right at them. He obviously hadn't had much experience, even Charlotte knew he was holding it wrong. "Anybody infected?" The man yelled.

"One of our group was, he didn't make it." Rick informed the man, keeping his gun up and ready.

"Why are you here? What do you want?" Each step the man took towards them, Charlotte stepped back, accidentally knocking into Daryl. He didn't pay mind to it, keeping his eyes peeled for threats.

"A chance." Rick breathed.

"That's asking an awful lot these days."

"I know." Silence fell over the large room as the man looked at each person, trying to figure out if he trusted this group or not.

"You all submit to a blood test, that's the price of admission." The man finally said, the thought made Charlottes stomach do flips, she has hated needles since she was little.

"We can do that." Rick nodded.

"You got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes, it stays closed." Charlotte already had her only belongings, which sat comfortably in her backpack that rested on her shoulder. Everyone quickly evacuated to collect their belongings, the doors pulling closed once finished.

Charlotte watched as the shutters came back down, blocking out the outside world. "Rick Grimes." Rick introduced himself.

"Dr. Edwin Jenner." The man subsequently replied, his eyes twitching with uncertainty.

They all got into the elevator, it was quite squishy holding them but no one complained. Charlotte stood near the back corner, just in-front of Daryl and Glenn, next to Sophia. "Doctors always go 'round packing heat like that?" Daryl questioned the doctor.

"There were plenty left lying around, I familiarised myself." not very well Charlotte thought to herself. "But you look harmless enough," The doctor continued, "except you, I'll have to keep my eye on you." He smiled to Carl, who looked around confused.

Once out the elevator, they made their way down the hallways. Charlotte felt a little nervous since she didn't know her way around in this giant place, but she just stuck to Daryls side and made sure not to wander off. "Are we underground?" Carol spoke up.

"Are you claustrophobic?" Jenner responded, raising his eyebrow.

"A little."

"Try not to think about it." He led them into a big room with lots of computers around it. "Vi, bring up the lights in the big room!" He announced, and suddenly all the lights snapped on in the room. "Welcome to zone 5."

"Where is everybody?" Rick asked, following behind the doctor. "The other doctors, the staff?" Charlotte felt like she already knew that answer, since they hadn't seen another soul in here beside Dr Jenner.

"I'm it." The doctor admitted, "It's just me here."

"What about the person you were speaking with? Vi?" Lori asked.

"Vi, say hello to our guests." The doctor called out into the air, Charlotte looked around to see if anyone else was there. "Tell them... welcome."

"Hello guests, welcome." A robotic sounding voice replied, Charlotte chewed on her lip as she looked around. Any hope she had for a cure to this was gone, one person couldn't do it alone.