Chapter 1

I woke up in complete disarray. Thick plushed blankets weaving through my legs tangling me like a spider web. What time is it?? is all I could think. My once silk smooth blond hair seemed brittle and my eyes felt puffed and unrested. I gave a peep at the large French window ahead and stared in awe. Thick snow so bright that it almost blinded me right there stared back at me. 

I've always thought this world was no longer suited enough to accompany snow how is this maddness possible?

 my stomach churned from worry and transported me back to the real world. Soon enough, a new thought popped through my head. I'm supposed to be meeting with father.

It is winter season and I am extremely lucky to have this lavish life and have a crackling fireplace beside me at all times. fathers rule across draiha has only left our people to shreds. prices are going up to the point where civilians are seen acting like a stray animals since they can not afford housing, food or any type of basic necessities. They are using cardboard boxes to keep them warm and scurry around fighting for little food either on the floor or in bins. My disgusting, cruel, power seeking father is a monster and a sucker for power and everyday I am forced to summit to him like a slave. 

I launched off of my bed and struggled to fit in my dramatic dress. a soft bluecshaded dress with ivory bows everywhere lining  the corset made to disable your lungs in the name of beauty. The intricately detailed lace and ruffles on the end of every layer and the millions of petticoats under the piece. the clicks of my delicate heels soon filled the halls as I ran hoping no serious consequences will occur for being late.

A shiver made its way down my spine and my teeth lightly chattered as I made my way to the entrance of the courtyard. Although this dress might be thick it seemed like it still was not fit for this winter season. Delicate little snowflakes fell down the ground and were everywhere in sight. The last time I've seen this depressing world like this was when I was a child and was left with a foggy memory of this magic. My eyes had stars in them as I tilt my head back and  acted like a kid trying to eat the falling angels until a stern voice popped my bubble.

shoot 

It was father making is way down the path and at that moment I could tell by his face that he thought I was pathetic and embarrassing. Like he always thinks. His face was screwed and his icy eyes that matched the cool sky pierced my soul.

 His face was screwed and his icy eyes that matched the cool sky pierced my soul

 "WHERE WERE YOU" he shouts "what were you doing and why are you LATE." I gave up being strong, surrendered and closed my eyes hiding from his face. "I-I-.." is all that could slip out of my mouth. I was about to open my eyes until my cheek went numb, so very numb and it happened again...*SLAP*. He had slapped me so hard that I fell backward onto the path just grazing the wet snow. salty tears automatically streamed down my pink cheeks and I tried to stand up but ended up being slapped once more. "WHERE WERE YOU" he says again frustrated "I- I was late because I woke up late" I said to quickly as I looked up at him squinting against the sun.

"You foolish, foolish girl, sometimes I wonder how you are even my daughter. you are  completely utterly worthless which, once again surprises me because I am so great." he says confidently and shook his head like this all was amusing to him. "and funny enough that is why I wanted to talk to you" he turns his eyes to me and beats a smile that threatened to show. "you will be forced to summit to an arranged marriage in 6 days and you will be his toy" The smile finally comes through "and I expect you to give him good value for his purchase"....My world falls, my eyesight fuzzy, my ears unhearing and my head spinning. "NO" I bravely declare. ''no,no,no,no" I whisper.