Unexpected Encounters

Yeji's POV:

As my eyes flew open, I felt a weight pressing down on me. Startled, I turned to find Yeonjun's arm wrapped around my waist, holding onto me like a teddy bear. A faint scream escaped my lips as I struggled to free myself from his grip. Yeonjun's eyes snapped open, and he released me, concern etched on his face.

"Is everything okay?" he asked, seemingly oblivious to the fact that I was in his bed. "What am I doing in your bed? I remember falling asleep on the couch," I exclaimed, trying to make sense of the situation. Yeonjun chuckled softly. "The couch is really uncomfortable," he explained casually.

My mind raced as I realized the potential implications of our situation, especially considering my overprotective brother's recent behavior. "Bruh, are you stupid or something? You saw how my brother acted yesterday, he is a real menace when it comes to dating, and if he sees that I slept in your bed, he is going to kill you," I warned, my voice tinged with urgency. Yeonjun's response caught me off guard.

"He already knows. He walked out of his room while I was carrying you. Don't worry, we just need to put those pillows back on the bed before he wakes up," he assured me, his calm demeanor contrasting sharply with my anxiety. I couldn't believe that Hyunjin would be so understanding, but I followed Yeonjun's lead and replaced the pillows, seeking refuge under the warm covers.

Yeonjun's next question sent my heart racing, reminding me of the secret I harbored. "If I may ask, why did you skip lunch yesterday?" My pulse quickened, and I struggled to maintain my composure. Revealing the truth was out of the question; the consequences would be catastrophic. "Uhh... homework, yeah, that's all that happened," I stammered, my voice betraying my nerves. I hoped that Yeonjun couldn't sense my unease, but deep down, I feared that he could see right through me.

The silence that followed our conversation felt deafening, weighing heavily on the air between us. It was as if the unspoken tension hung thickly in the room, suffocating any attempt at casual conversation. My mind raced with unspoken thoughts and fears, and I couldn't shake the feeling of unease that settled over me like a suffocating blanket.

Yeonjun thoughts: I have a feeling that she's lying to me. What if I'm the one who made her mad by my actions yesterday morning and went to the library to sit in silence and think about it? Yesterday, I thought I had a chance with her, I mean, she was blushing, or maybe she was blushing out of embarrassment. Why am I like this... a complete asshole?

Hyunjin's sudden entrance shattered the suffocating silence, his presence commanding attention as he observed the scene before him. Relief flooded through me as he acknowledged Yeonjun's compliance with our agreement, his words carrying a hint of gratitude.

Then, his gaze shifted to me, and I braced myself for the inevitable confrontation about yesterday's events. To my surprise, his tone softened, his apology catching me off guard. "Thank you for keeping your promise, Yeonjun. And also, Yeji, do you want to talk about yesterday? I'm truly sorry for the way I treated you," he offered, his sincerity evident in his words.

A smile tugged at my lips as I reassured him, deflecting the apology with a feigned nonchalance. "No, I'm the one who should be sorry. It's not even that important, I was busy with homework," I replied, hoping to brush off the topic and spare myself from further scrutiny.

But as I felt Yeonjun's eyes boring into me, I realized that my facade was crumbling, my lie laid bare for him to see. The realization struck me like a bolt of lightning, and I cursed inwardly at my inability to deceive him.

Hyunjin's response, however, caught me off guard once again. "You could have just told me," he remarked, his acceptance of my excuse leaving me dumbfounded. Could it be that he truly believed me? Or was he simply choosing to overlook the truth for the sake of peace?