There's No Way

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.✮ .* :☆゚. ───

 ❝ YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN, KID
YOU ALWAYS HAVE BEEN ❞  

 ❝ YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN, KIDYOU ALWAYS HAVE BEEN ❞  

Davollil Cuss, better known as Lili, was a criminal. For as long as she could remember, she had been a criminal. Her hands were dirty with mud, sand, blood, metal, anything she could steal. The horrific toll of the life she was forced to lead was inescapable and by the age of 14, the big black dog followed her around every street corner. She had never been able to outrun him no matter how hard she tried. Even in her dreams, he lingered. 

But as she grew older, she grew smarter. The black dog was still there but she knew how to hide from him. And with a sister - Hedi - to protect, Lili had a reason to keep her wits about her. By 16, Lili knew that she needed to get Hedi out. But it wasn't until she was 18 that she managed to do it. The pair disappeared in the middle of the night. Lili had managed to get her hands on an old ship and they escaped their home planet without the black dog breathing down their neck. 

Freedom wasn't what they had expected though. They didn't have the money to survive. For weeks, they struggled and Lili tried to keep herself together but couldn't watch Hedi struggle, not anymore. So, she made a decision. Hedi would be protected and Lili would return to her old ways. Her hands would become caked with blood again.

Every job brought in more money which created stability for Hedi. And every credit given to her brought the two of them a step closer to freedom. Credits were a step closer to a new identity and life where they wouldn't spend every hour looking over their shoulders for the black dog. Lili just wanted them to be free, to be safe and most of all to be happy.

And craving freedom made people desperate, it made Lili desperate. Which is why she took the most dangerous job there was. She agreed to steal a holocron from the Jedi Temple. Everything in her told her it would be a mistake but she prepped and planned. It was an easy job. Too easy. It should have worried her but she didn't care.

The payout was nearly enough to buy her and Hedi freedom. It was just a few more jobs. But staying on Coruscant was always a dangerous game and it seemed that the black dog had finally found its way back to Lili. She wasn't lucky enough to escape the Republic this time. Her life and her plans for freedom were all put in jeopardy when she was taken into custody by the Jedi. However, by sheer chance, she managed to strike a deal.