Amnesia

Darkness... that's all I remember... at least, until I woke up. When I opened my eyes, there were five people standing around me, around the white bed I was laying on. Where was I? Who are these people? They seem to know me, but why don't I know them? They seem familiar though... but why? Why can't I remember?

"Cassie! Thank God you're awake! It's been weeks!" Said a blue haired teenager. He was wearing teal bracelets, a black tank top, and gold shorts.

Did he call me Cassie? Is that my name? It does sound familiar.

Then, a younger girl, looks to be about 10, chimes in."Sis! I- I can't believe it! We all thought you died!"

Sis? Died? What is everyone talking about? What happened to me?

"Cassie? Are you alright? What's that look for?" The blue haired teen said.

"I mean, she did suffer a giant brain injury... it's possible that she could've gotten amnesia from it." A new voice replied, and a girl in a purple shirt walks in. She was gorgeous. Her hair was grey with red streaks in it, teal, and blue. Her eyes were red, and she was tall.

Wow.

I sit up, staring at her. She looks at me, and smirks, saying, "Well hello there, Cassie. Tell me, do you remember anything?"

I shake my head, looking at the others.

"Dang it. You were right, Anabelle. I was hoping it wouldn't cause any long term problems, but that was just wishful thinking," the blue haired guy replied, sighing.

"I'm always right," boasted Anabelle.

"Psh, as if. You know Cassie was always the smart one."

I finally decide to say something, my voice coming out broken and raspy. "I... was?"

"You can still talk!" Everyone exclaims. Was I going to lose my ability to talk?

"Should I not be able to...?" I ask, putting a hand up to my forehead, which just started throbbing. How bad was the injury they were talking about? There's a lot of bandages on my head, so probably really bad.

"Cas, you shouldn't do that. It's still really bad. It's a miracle you're awake right now," said the guy with the blue hair.

"I'm sorry to ask, but... who are you?"

"Oh dear starfish-" murmurs the  blue haired teen.

"I'm Anabelle, your friend! And this is Autumn, your stepsister," Anabelle says, patting the red haired kid on her head.

"And I'm Cameron, but you always called me Beats," explained the blue haired teen.

"So, Anabelle, Autumn, and Cam- I mean, Beats?" I ask, pointing to each in turn.

"Correct! Good job!" Anabelle says.

"I'm not dumb..." I reply, offended.

"She wasn't saying you were. Anabelle is just..." Beats explains, before Autumn interrupts him.

"She has no filter."

"Tis be true," Anabelle replies, giggling. Gosh, that giggle is cute.

"So, when is she going to be discharged?" Asks Autumn.

"That's something to ask the doctors, Autumn. I'm not sure. Her head seems to still be healing. We don't know how long that will take, and besides, the doctors might try to get her memory back somehow." Beats explains, patting Autumn's shoulder.

"Do you think I'll ever get my memory back?" I ask. "I want to be able to remember you guys, and what you meant to me. I wanna know who I was..."

Beats glances over, deciding to reassure me as best he can. "Aw, Cass... you'll find out soon, don't worry. No one looses their memory forever."

Anabelle tries to cut in "Well, actually-"

"Anabelle, no."

"What? I'm just saying!"

"Do you want to frighten Cassie?'

"Well, no, but she has to know at some point, right?"

"That doesn't mean right now!"

I'm so confused... what are they talking about? Will I get my memory back? Will I be a whole different person? What if-

Autumn looks over at me, tired of hearing the other two argue. Then, she walks over to me, wrapping her arms around my chest in a light hug, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Don't worry, sis. Everything will be okay. You're strong, I know you'll get your memory back. Don't listen to Anabelle. Half the time, she doesn't know what she's talking about."

I halfheartedly laugh, trying to stay positive. "I'll trust you. What was I like before, anyway?"

"Oh! Cameron can tell you more about that! I've only known you for a few years."

"What? Why?"

"Dad got married to your mom then! I'm only your stepsister."

"And where are our parents? Shouldn't they... be here?"

"Oh, yeah. Dad couldn't take off work anymore, and your mom went to the store a half hour before you woke up. They spend every other moment here though."

"They... do? That's good to know..."

"Was there any doubt? Why would you say that?"

"I dunno... just a weird feeling I got. Can't really explain it..."

"Oh no.I thought It would've went away when this happened! Why is It so persistent?!" Anabelle says, worry and alarm leaking through.

"...It?" What is she talking about? Was this another Anabelle-no-filter moment?

"Beats, we can't leave her in the dark about this! We don't want her finding out about It in the wrong way."

"I mean, this could just be insecurities, right?" Beats says, trying to look on the bright side.

"No. No, it cannot be! I had to deal with It before! I know what It's like!"

"Can someone fill me in? I'm so confused..." I say. Someone please, tell me what's going on!

"Cassie, we-" Beats tries to say, attempting to brush me off.

"No! I want to know! Stop keeping secrets from me!"

Anabelle sighs, a somber expression crossing her face. "It's a little hard to explain, but, I'll try..."

"Is that really the best thing to do, Anabelle? She's still recovering from her injury," worries Beats.

"Actually, that does sound-" Annabelle agrees, before I interrupt her.

"NO! I need to know! Like you said!"

"Fine, then. Here goes nothing," Anabelle replies, sitting down on the side of my hospital bed.