6

After practice, Stiles headed straight for his bedroom, where he began researching Werewolves on his computer. His online search starts with articles on Lycaon, said to be the first Werewolf, and moves on to articles about wolfsbane. Some time later, Stiles moves on to reading an old, battered book titled The History of Lycanthropy, before going back to the computer and searching online for articles about silver as a weakness of Werewolves. Finally, Stiles, looking concerned about what he's read so far, prints out an old sketch of a Hunter aiming a crossbow at a transformed Werewolf. Suddenly, the sound of knocking at Stiles' door startles him so badly that he nearly falls out of his chair, revealing that the floor is covered in computer printouts from his research. Stiles thinks for a moment on what to do next, ultimately closing his MacBook and walking over to open his bedroom door. When he finds Scott and Vivi in the doorway, he sighs in relief before allowing them to come in.

STILES: Get in.

They walk into Stiles' bedroom just as Stiles closes the door.

STILES: You gotta see this thing. I've been up all night reading-- websites, books, all this information.

Scott sets his backpack on the floor by Stiles' bed, his eyes widening when he sees all the paper covering the floor and desk

SCOTT: How much Adderall have you had today?"A lot." Stiles shakes his head before changing the subjectSTILES: Doesn't matter, okay? Just listen.

Scott takes a seat on Stiles' bed while Vivian stands by the door.

SCOTT: Oh, is this about the body? Did they find out who did it?

Stiles is momentarily distracted by the point of summoning Scott to his house as he shares what he knows

STILES: No, they're still questioning people. Even Derek Hale.
Vivian looks up at him in shock.
"Derek?" Vivian asked.SCOTT: Oh, the guy in the woods that we saw the other day? Wait Vivian how do you know him."
STILES: Yeah!
"Scott, Siles stop asking," Vivian said annoyed at the boy.

Just then, Stiles remembers what he was trying to tell Scott

STILES: Yes. But that's not it, okay?

Scott frowns in confusion and Vivian rolls her eyes at the boy.

SCOTT: What, then?STILES: Remember the joke from the other day?

Stiles looks nervous about what he's going to say next, which only gets worse when Scott shakes his head, not knowing where Stiles is going with this

STILES: Not a joke anymore. The wolf, the bite in the woods... I started doing all this reading.

Stiles stands to his feet, already sidetracked from his original point

STILES: Do you even know why a wolf howls?SCOTT: Should I?STILES: It's a signal, okay? When a wolf's alone, it howls to signal its location to the rest of the pack. So if you heard a wolf howling, that means others could have been nearby. Maybe even a whole pack of 'em.SCOTT: A whole pack of wolves?

[Stiles finally gets to the point in his typically blunt fashion]

STILES: No-- Werewolves.

Scott, thinking this is just an elaborate joke on Stiles' part, starts to get irritated as he stands to his feet Vivian is just frozen in fear. Thats when she took a sniff. Werewolf. She smells a werewolf across the room from her.

SCOTT: Are you seriously wasting my time with this? You know I'm picking up Allison in an hour.

Scott picks up his backpack and gets ready to leave, but Stiles grabs him by the arm with one hand and presses his other against his chest so that he's forced to stay where he is while he tries to convince Scott that he's telling the truth

STILES: I saw you on the field today, Scott, okay? What you did wasn't just amazing, all right? It was impossible.

Scott tries to shrug off Stiles' accusation and once again tries to leave

SCOTT: Yeah, so I made a good shot.
"Scott wait-"

Stiles grabs Scott's backpack and tosses it onto his bed so dig around inside of it for something

STILES: No, you made an incredible shot! I mean, the way you moved, your speed, your reflexes? Y'know, people can't just suddenly do that overnight. And there's the vision, and the senses, and don't even think I don't notice that you don't need your inhaler anymore.SCOTT: Okay! Dude, I can't think about this now. We'll talk tomorrow.

At the sound of this statement, Stiles becomes panicked, both for Scott's safety and that of the people around him.

STILES: Tomorrow?! What? No! The full moon's tonight. Don't you get it?

Scott gets so upset that he starts to stutter as he argues with Stiles

SCOTT: What are you trying to do? I-I just made first line. I-I got a date with a girl who I can't believe wants to go out with me, and everything in my life is somehow perfect. Why are you trying to ruin it?STILES: [loudly] I'm trying to help!

[Stiles takes a deep breath before he continues in a softer tone of voice]

STILES: You're cursed, Scott. You know, and it's not just the moon will cause you to physically change. It also just so happens to be when your bloodlust will be at its peak.SCOTT: Bloodlust?STILES: Yeah, your urge to kill.SCOTT: [irritably] I'm already starting to feel an urge to kill, Stiles.
Vivian giggles "Scott come on let him speak."

Stiles frantically grabs The History of Lycanthropy book off of his desk and starts reading aloud from it in an attempt to convince Scott that he is becoming a Werewolf

STILES: You gotta hear this-- "The change can be caused by anger or anything that raises your pulse." All right? I haven't seen anyone raise your pulse like Allison does. You gotta cancel this date.

Stiles stands to his feet and starts digging through Scott's backpack again

STILES: I'm gonna call her right now.SCOTT: [yelps] What are you doing?

[Stiles grabs Scott's phone from his bag and starts to pull up Allison's number]

STILES: I'm canceling the date.SCOTT: No, give it to me!
"Scott all your going to do is hurt her if you go!" Vivian screams at him.

Scott grabs the phone out of Stiles' hand, dropping it on the floor before shoving Stiles against the wall and raising his right fist, preparing to punch him in the face. 

"Scott!" Vivian yells.

However, after taking a deep breath, Scott lets go of Stiles and instead throws his desk chair across the room before coming back to himself. Stiles looks horrified, and Scott immediately begins to regret what he's just gone. He looks at the floor with a shameful expression before muttering to Stiles under his breath.

SCOTT: I'm sorry. I-I gotta go get ready for that party.

[Scott picks up his phone and his backpack and heads for the door, giving Stiles one last apologetic look before he goes]

SCOTT: I'm sorry.

Scott leaves, and Stiles lets out a long breath of relief. Still clearly upset, Stiles roughly picks up his desk chair and sets it to rights, freezing in horror when he sees that the leather cover on the chair has four long slits on the back that look like claw marks.

"Stiles."

"What I know I sound stupid." Stiles lowers his head.

"You're right." Vivian says looking him in his eyes.