Episode 0 - Genesis

Disclaimer: This is nothing more than a fan-made work made for entertainment purposes. Robotech, Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross, Genesis Climber MOSPEADA, and Megazone 23 are all owned by Harmony Gold, Tatsunoko Productions, Big West, Studio Nue, Carl Macek, Shoji Kawamori, Yasuo Hasegawa, Shinji Aramaki, Hideki Kakinuma, and Noboru Ishiguro. Please support the official release.

-

Many eons ago, there was a war. That, in and of itself, was not unusual, war was the one constant in the universe. Where life flourished, there was war. Be it the mundane war of one animal striving to live through the day by killing another, or the war of a single cell, merely trying to keep itself together against the harshness of existence. Conflict is how we truly come to understand the world, and it helps us to learn our place within the grand tapestry of existence.

This war though, was different than most in our world. On a distant star system in the Large Magellanic Cloud--the galaxy nearest to our Milky Way, a small green orb called Tirol, there lived a people. These people were known as the Tirolians, and while in our point of view, they are alien, appearance-wise, they look just like our everyday neighbors. The Tirolians had learned, in the course of their wars, how to turn inward, using intellect to solve their problems that brute force could not. They developed advanced technology and starships, allowing them to settle upon a multitude of worlds and eventually spread across their galaxy, colonizing numerous star systems in distant planets and artificial colonies. Under the rule of their world's most powerful city-state Tiresia, the Tirolians united under the banner of the Tirolian Interstellar Republic, allowing them to enter a golden age never seen before in their history as they continued to expand into deep space.

However, following the Republic's heyday, Tirol began to suffer from a severe energy crisis as it grew increasingly dependent on Karbarran Sekiton, a rare mineral ore that can only be found on the neighboring worlds of the Karbarran Hegemony, which Tirol had recently severed a trade agreement with on bad terms. Without it, the Tirolians didn't have the means to power their thermonuclear reactors and faster-than-light engines. To solve this dilemma, the Interstellar Republic launched a space exploration program with hundreds of survey ships sent out across the galaxy in search of suitable alternate energy resources. Soon, one of these survey ships would land on Optera, where they would make first contact with its inhabitants, a peaceful race of protoplasmic insectoids known as the Invid.

The discovery of Optera was initially a disappointment to the Tirolians because the Invid appeared to be a race of simpletons. However, never to be one not to explore and exploit all possibilities, the Tirolians left a team of scientists to see if this world was of any value to them. The scientific team was led by a brilliant and compassionate Tirolian scientist named Zor Derelda. In the months that followed, Zor discovered the unusual link between the Invid and a plant native to their world known simply as the Flower of Life. Through his close observations, he saw how the Invid's symbiotic relationship with the Flower allowed them to harness the power of life itself, which allowed them to use it as a natural means of altering themselves, evolving to ever greater heights.

Returning to his homeworld with captured samples of this simple-looking flower, Zor discovered how to derive the Flower of Life's sap and refine it into a near-infinite energy source, one he dubbed Protoculture. Using this in conjunction with their weapons and biotechnology systems, the Tirolians created something they called, Robotechnology. With the passing of just a few decades, Tirol's new scientific and industrial revolution into Robotechnology gave rise to untold marvels, among them the marvelous Super Long-Range Fold Drive System, the birth of the Zentraedi and Meltrandi race of warrior giants, the mighty Enhanced Video Emulation, the flawless clone servants of the Tiresian elite families, and the fearsome space battleships of the Tirolian Interstellar Fleet. Powerful and enlightened, the Tirolian Interstellar Republic became a prime example of a shining and flourishing paradise in the sea of stars...