Prologue

Sunshine usually means the sun is shining, but to me, it's always been much more. Every time I hear that word I think about her, actually scratch that, I think about her all the time. She is the sweetest most beautiful girl I have ever met.
      I personally have never believed in love. Love was such a cruel and unstable thing. You give someone your heart, but they always return it to you in pieces, always scattered and sometimes you may never be able to put it back together. But she changed my way of thinking. My heart has always been scattered, broken, unfixable, yet she found a way to fix it and add the missing piece it needed to become whole.  
     My heart is now full, alive, beating, searching for her. Her embrace gives my heart life, her voice gives my heart breath, everything about her keeps my heart beating. She made me believe in something I never thought could be. I depended on her so much that I began to worry, worry about my life in the future...a life in the future without her in it. My worry spiraled into despair, reaching, the need for convincing. When I was at my lowest she saw...and yet she stayed, in times I was in despair, her embrace calmed me. In times I was reaching she was within reach. In times I needed convincing, she made sure I was convinced. All this time, she was there, she stayed. I began to believe in love, I began to grasp for love, I began to long for love. Love from nobody else but her. She always was there for me, but when was I there for her, and that's when I let the words slip out my mouth, "What did I do to deserve you Machiala?" It pained me to ask but a part of me wanted to know. She chuckled and swept a strand of hair away from my face, "Nothing but exist sunshine."
     The moment those words left her lips, I felt a feeling I never dared to feel, something that has been happening lately but was foreign to me. My heart played a song, lyrics that felt as though they were in a different language. I looked her in the eyes, her deep hazel green eyes. That's when I began to understand the lyrics, this was a song telling me I loved her.
     She stared back, leaned in and gave me a hug. Something I haven't felt for years. The feel of her hands tracing my back and gripping me, her breath on my skin, the sound of her faint heart beat. It was perfect and I loved it. I hugged her back and dreamt that this moment would never end, that time would stop, that this moment would rewind and start over again. But she pulled away and came close to my face. "Ayden, you are deserving of everything I give you, I care about you and nothing will ever change that sunshine, you deserve everything nice and most of all you are worth loving."
     Immediately those words left her mouth, I pulled her close to my body, cupping one hand on her cheek, leaned in close and gave her a kiss. She returned the kiss which surprised me and put her hand on my hair, while her other hand was gripping my shoulder. I pulled away to catch my breath and both of us were panting.
     She smiled and hugged me, "I love you, Ayden and always will. Actually I fell for you the moment I saw you, but I was all to shy to tell. But now I know I was stupid not to tell you. I love you so much sunshine."
     My eyes widened and my heart began to play that song again. She loves me? She said she loved me from the start. I felt my eyes welling up, she actually loved me. She stared at my eyes as they were almost full of tears. And I made it my life's mission to not let a single tear fall, even though I failed and the tears came falling down.
     " What's wrong? Are you ok sunshine?" She asked hurriedly.
      "Nothing's wrong, it's just that I didn't think you loved me. This is all so new to me."
     "Aww, well you better get used to me saying I love you!" she smiled brightly.
     "I love you too, Machiala, always have and always will."

Hi guys, this is my first time publishing my stories. I absolutely love reading and writing, so I thought I am gonna make a story where it has angst AND a happy ending. I hope you all love my writing. I was thinking of making a webtoon, and I probably will but it just takes so much time, time that I unfortunately do not have right now. My upload schedule is gonna be a little slow. But this is just a sneak peak on the look of the story, the main characters and how in love the characters will be. THANK YOU SO MUCH for reading this far, I hope you all like it.