Chapter 1: Gas Station Massacre

Meanwhile somewhere else...

In the dead of night, when the storm was still brewing, the gas station, a quiet, dark place in the woods, was filled with the scent of gasoline and a neon sign that proclaimed "Open 24 Hours." The only movement was the occasional rustle of leaves and the gentle breeze carrying distant traffic. Inside, fluorescent lights buzzed overhead, casting stark shadows on the linoleum floor. Shelves lined with snacks and drinks were neatly arranged, with colorful labels competing for attention. The air was tinged with the aroma of stale coffee and cigarette smoke, a reminder of countless late-night conversations. A bored cashier idly flipped through a magazine behind the counter, checking the empty parking lot outside. The only sound was the soft whir of refrigerators and the occasional beep of the cash register. The gas station was a place caught between worlds, neither fully awake nor fully asleep, existing in a liminal space where time seemed to stand still.

A truck recently parked with its driver coming out, The driver approached the cashier, they were wearing a raincoat, and judging by their look, they seemed to have a rock-like quirk, they approached the bored cashier in the rainy storm.

"Hello! I want to ask. Do you know where the bathroom is?" The bored cashier ignored the driver. "Hello? I'm talking to you?" The driver continued asking the driver until their co-worker behind them answered, "It's on the left, you could easily spot it."

"Yeah, thanks." The driver thanked them before they left, and their co-worker looked at the cashier "Y'know you should help more!" Their co-worker chastises, The cashier shrugs in boredom. "Honestly you're such a lazy otaku, Only using your money to buy more figurines and manga." They complained before leaving, The cashier ignored them, as they focused on the magazine filled with promoting upcoming anime for this season.

The bored cashier still deep within the magazine finally noticed a change when a car parked in the gas station seemed heavily influenced by the heavy storm last night within the parking lot. A person came out of the car, they couldn't see the person because of the constant darkness, But the way they moved was simple but very robotic, like each step had a purpose behind it, and it crept and weirded out him so he hoped the person ignored them, and when the person passed them, they sighed in contempt not having to deal with them.

A few minutes have passed now and everything is, quieter than usual, He looks around, not seeing his coworkers anywhere, He stands up and looks around for a bit, The gas station consists of a convenience store, truck stop, diner, and more.

The cashier looked around but gave up halfway through, so they returned to the cash register, They put away their magazine and instead brought one of the mangas they brought from home and read them. They heard a door opening behind them, expecting it was their co-worker who complained about their lack of work ethic. They ignored what was probably their co-worker, but then they tapped their shoulder, He sighed as he turned his chair around, "What do you want-" He asked before his head was grabbed by the table, then his face in one quick swell swoop smashes his face on the counter, continually in great fast speeds smash his face till the inch of his life, yet despite that, the assailant wasn't done with the head and continually smash his face to a pulp, yet despite the brutal display, there was a carefulness to keep the victim alive long enough for what they were planning, he then carefully and slowly aim his head to the counter almost like he wants the victim to realize what's happening then in one big fast swoop smash his face on the table for one last time, the victim feeling like his jaw opened more than it should for a split second till his vision turns to black, thus ending his life.

In the morning, as the sun began to rise, the police mobilized to investigate the road where the prison transport had gone missing. After hours of searching, they finally stumbled upon the vehicle's wreckage.