Chapter Ten

The weekend went by faster than I wanted. After helping Ant with Spencer, and gathering my stuff. Ant made me realize that I needed to go home. I still love my mom even if Alan is an ass hat, dirtbag, that I wish would just stay out of my life. I also needed to just face the consequences. When I got home, Alan had left again with no timeline of his return, which was nerve wracking in itself. Mom was making dinner when I got home on Saturday and she laid out the consequences of the map and running out of the house, and not letting her know I was safe. No door. Home after school everyday for the next two weeks and extra chores. Fun. All the usual things that happen when I get into trouble at least before summer break when Alan is not around. Hopefully, he is gone for the whole grounding.

I was running late, as I jogged into the courtyard and past Amerie, Quinni, and Darren, as I heard Amerie say "I need one of those slap bands." Slap bands? I wonder what those are? I thought as I continued through the courtyard a little out of breath, but made it on time. I do not need school calling mom anytime soon. Head low. Out of trouble. Preferable not getting in trouble until Alan is out of the picture. I quickly located the boys who were messing around with Malachi, and Ant caught my eye and I waved. Spencer smiled my way too. Dusty gave them an annoyed look and walked off toward the outdoor canteen area. I walked over, as Ant was getting down from Malachi's back.

"Okay weekend?" Ant asked, giving me a side hug. I leaned into the hug. Apparently one weekend, and we are good friends now. I guess I understand why, but it is still so quick. From last year to fully ignoring my existence to fully realizing I exist in a matter of days. I wonder what is going on in his head.

"Hungover, and uneventful." I started with a laugh looking at Spencer. It was better to play it off as a normal hungover weekend.

"Ant here got pulled over by the cops?" Spencer's smile grew with humor lacing all his features.

"Mate, you got caught?" Malachi spoke up surprised.

"They let me off with a warning, no big deal? Ant smiled. "Could have been worse? They could have taken me home." He laughed. My stomach clenched now knowing what being taken home by cops could entail, but I forced out a smile that did not quite reach my eyes, and bumped him lightly with my hip.

"Could have been, but instead you crashed at my place" Spencer laughed, pushing Ant's shoulder as the bell rang above us to head to our first class. Ant walked with us half of the way to the biology wing before breaking off with us to get to his first class leaving me and Spencer alone.

"Will you stop staring at the side of my head?" I chuckled, giving him a playful look before walking to the classroom and finding my seat. He laughed at me and tried to stare away. We really did need to talk. I sighed, pulling out my biology materials and organizing before the bell rang.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Later in SlTs

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I sat behind Spider, who for some reason thought it would be beneficial to sit directly in front of me while watching this terrible noodle movie. I rested forward on top of Ant's backpack, almost touching his back with my arms folded. I had come in exactly on time for SLT's and there was only one stool left. I had deeply sighed when I realized this. It wasn't that I did not feel comfortable with Ant and Spider, it was that it was all moving too fast. The most I let myself think about it the more anxious I was becoming. I wanted this, too. I wanted to hangout with people, and have friends to sit with, and be like the others again now that I wasn't public enemy #1. It was so much so quickly and I needed some of the space I used to have. I thought I could get enough during my study period, but I had to use it for the biology lab we did today to write up parts of the lab report. At least I got assigned groups, and some space from Spencer. At home wasn't fully an option either as I was always busy with chores or monitored doing homework. I did not have much time for myself.