The Dream

A/N Well hey. I've been inactive on wattpad for more than a year, and now I'm finally posting. Yay! Just a warning: if you're behind in supernatural and not at season five yet, hold off on reading this because it may contain spoilers.
Anyway
I guess the point of this note is me stalling because I'm self conscious about my writing. *sigh* Alright. Without further ado, here's chapter one:

Dean was dreaming. He knew he was; he'd never been one of those people to not know they're dreaming and be confused. The dream was not unlike most others he had: dark and confusing and terrible. Suddenly, the dream shifted in a burst of white light. Instead of shadows and creatures, there was nothing but an average-looking man in his thirties with orange hair and a prosaic gray suit.

"Who the hell..." Dean trailed off.

"Not hell. Heaven. I am the angel Eremiel," the man said.

"Wonderful. What are you doing in my dream, 'Eremiel'? I could be dreaming about ganking monsters right now, or hot chicks, or pie, so this'd better be good."

Eremiel narrowed his eyes. "They warned me you were an audacious one."

Dean frowned.

The angel smiled. "No matter. What matters is the fate of the universe."

Dean almost laughed. "Come on, how many times do I have to save the freakin' world?"

This time it was Eremiel's turn to laugh. "Oh, so you think it's just you?" he mocked. "You think you're the only one? There are over a hundred hunters having this same exact dream right now. You Winchesters, always acting like you're so special."

Dean glared at Eremiel. "Can you just get to the point?"

Eremiel shrugged his shoulders. "Fine. The reason for this little visit is an invitation, if you will. Heaven has made the decision to take action against Lucifer."

Dean stared at him, dumbfounded. "I thought that's what you're already doing. What happened to that whole load of crap about me being Michael's vessel?"

Eremiel shot him a knowing nod. "Ah, yes, that. That plan was more Michael's idea than anyone's, and if this doesn't work, then Michael's plan is our go-to. But this plan, this plan is mine. Now, look, Dean, those other angels? They don't care about much of humans."

"Yeah, 'cause they're trying to murder half the planet," Dean retorted.

"Exactly," Eremiel said. He took a step closer to Dean. "They see Lucifer himself as the only threat there is, but that's not the case. When Lucifer rose, he brought with him hordes of more demons, monsters, and every other terrible creature you can imagine. The people of earth are terrified, and many of the hunters are overwhelmed and clueless."

Dean cracked a sarcastic grin. "Fan-friggin-tastic. So what exactly is heaven planning to do about it, Remmy?"

Eremiel glared at him. "It's Eremiel," he snapped. "And I'll have you know that I am initiating a traditional, rigorous, mandatory live-in high school for hunters to ready them for the coming apocalypse in hopes that they can more efficiently combat it."

Dean blinked for a moment, and then he burst into hysterics. He nearly keeled over but he braced his hands on his knees and laughed and laughed and laughed. Like most actions in his dreams, it felt kind of like he was flying underwater on a cloud. Granted, that makes zero sense, but then again, so do most of his dreams. Eremiel simply stared at Dean bent over, laughing so heartily small tears fell from his eyes. When Dean finally overcame his laughter, he wiped his eyes, still slightly chuckling. "A school for hunters? Look pal, I like you. Most angels turn out to be huge dicks within the first five minutes you meet 'em. You seem to actually care about the human race, which is great. I'm all for that. But this is nuts. A high school? Really? Most hunters are adults. You think you're gonna throw us back in some teenage hellhole to try to teach us how to hunt? We are hunters for a reason. We know how to do our job."

Eremiel nodded. "All fine arguments. Unfortunately," he said, narrowing his eyes again,"we're not asking." Eremiel snapped his fingers and Dean was ripped from his dream, and then everything went black.