01. Rondo di Depistaggio

Do not forget to go support the author :
TellThemNaegi - AO3

Oh, yeah, this story is FILLED with spoilers, death and GORE

A film theater was set ablaze. The fire raged along the curtains, the seats, and even encroached on the two figures near the center stage. Their glares burned as hotly as the rising temperature. The flames danced around them, like the audience observing the actors on the stage.

*cough*

The girl coughed blood and sunk to her knees. Her carefully put-together appearance was a mess. Red manicured hands pressed against the bullet wound on the left side.

Hurts like a bitch - Junko Enoshima crudely thought. A lopsided grin was plastered onto her face. Despite how circumstances appeared, she was having the time of her (after) life.

Those once doe-eyes were now cold as ice, and hard as the steel that was aimed at her. Then there was that beautiful red.

"Are you so crazy that you can enjoy this?" Makoto Naegi asked.

Junko forced a laugh, ignoring the metallic taste of blood, "If you ask me, you're the crazy one for are crazy for not seeing how much of a thrill this is!" The queen of despair's cheeks tinted pink with ecstasy. " Not like I blame you, everyone's afraid of trying new things at first. But don't worry, I'm a very good teacher." Once this was all over, he'd see things her way. Just like the whole world once did.

"If the entry fee's having to spend a second longer with you than I have to, then I'll pass on that." Makoto hissed.

Always playing hard to get.

Junko would be lying if she said she didn't adore that resistance. Even as that light of hope was tainted and blackened with dark emotions, a faint spark remained. Snuffing that out would be her pleasure.

And if she failed, that just meant she had the good fortune of getting to try over and over again.

•••

The sun was setting on Jabberwock Island.

Hajime Hinata sat by the sandy beach, watching the ocean glimmering in a way he never could. Just being here was a luxury for the rich. A class of which Hajime would count himself among. That said, anyone who could reserve the island for several weeks went from "rich" to "disgustingly wealthy" or disgustingly powerful.

Hope's Peak Academy was both.

"Hajime!" Called his friend, Chiaki Nanami. She was the Ultimate Gamer and the only reason a no-talent, reserve course like himself got invited to this school getaway trip.

"What's up?" He responded.

"Miss. Yukizome wants everyone in the hotel for dinner. Afterward...the guys are gonna be telling scary stories by the statue. I'd rather be in my cabin, but Ibuki said she'd drag me out."

"The doors have locks, y'know?"

"Where there's a will, there's a way. Ibuki's got waaaay too much will." Chiaki yawned. "If I'm going, might as well have you there."

"Yeah. Real flattering." He hoped they didn't stay out too long. The storm watch predicted a typhoon coming in. Normally, that'd be cause for staying in at night, but Hajime doubted Chiaki's classmates played by laymen's logic.